• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No complaints from Cam Newton

Tarheels23

But again, I don't care. ;)

And the accusation to which you responded alleged that Newton DID get money. And you, of course, responded that, gosh, you just can't ignore that allegation.

Where in your link (or any other link) is there proof of that again?

"I don't know about you guys, but I don't know that I've ever seen anyone like him," Olsen said of his new quarterback. "Watching him on TV is a whole lot different than seeing him in person. He just has that something about him, that confidence."

It's called swag Olsen. :cam:

I thought we were talking about Cam in the the NFL, year 2011

Good point.

I have a tendency to go into reflexive Cam defense after all the bull-poo he's (undeservedly IMO) taken over the past year.

I'll try to go more heavy on the sedatives than the caffeine from now on. :lol:

These Cam quotes are great to see. He also seems more relaxed when giving interviews now.

http://carolinagrowl.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=944:newton-wants-to-earn-panthers-starting-job-not-have-it-given-to-him&catid=1:articles

“The golden rule is the competition brings out the best in everybody, so I would rather for it to be competitive like this,” Newton said. “And at the end of the day we’re still teammates and we still have respect for each other.

“It’s not like he’s walking to practice and I’m running to get there before he is. It’s a comfortable, competitive relationship and I have so much respect for Jimmy. And I know he has respect for me. We’re just helping each other. I don’t want to give off the situation that we hate each other’s guts. Jimmy is helping me and I hope I’m helping him. We want to bring the best out in each other.”

And he appears willing to do whatever it takes to win over his teammates, even if that means carrying the veterans’ shoulder pads up the hill to the locker room after practice.

“I know it’s coming,” he said with a smile. “I don’t have this attitude that I’m above the law because I have to understand that I have to pay homage and pay dues. If that opportunity presents itself, hopefully it’s not that bad. I just have to bide my time and pay my dues.”

I really hope it's true what he is saying about Clausen - that they are both helping each other. It'd be nice if Clausen developed into a competent and capable backup for Cam, even starting the season if need be. I don't really care about his trade value at this point but you always want a decent backup, and hell, if Clausen can become that, all the better.

A good backup quarterback that the starter trusts is just another pair of eyes that can see things the starter can't always see. A good relationship between those two guys can mean a lot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5813734

Not that I have anything against Cam, I love the guy. I'm just saying you can't ignore the allegations.

Congratulations, that says absolutely nothing. That does not constitute as evidence in any way that Cam Newton ever received anything nor does it prove that HE asked for anything NOR does it prove that he KNEW anything. Sure, you can rationalize it however you want and say "oh, he knew" or "oh, he received benefits from Auburn," but you don't KNOW that as 100% truth. And that is what is required, by any reasonable person, to convict either in a court of law or in societal matters such as this. Just like Casey Anthony. Plenty of people say "you can't ignore the allegations," but at the end of the day, it isn't what you KNOW, it is what you can prove.

Long story short, I asked for SOLID EVIDENCE, and in return, I get an article stating that Cecil Newton asked for something, but was declined, from a school Cam didn't even attend.

Archived