• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No complaints from Cam Newton

Tarheels23

By looking at the veterans to choose from, and considering CLausen and Pike are on the roster, Does Cam give us the best chance to win week 1? That is what Rivera and co are deciding. My guess is: Yes, but the risk is high.

Solid evidence or STFU.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5813734

Newton's father, Cecil, was accused last week by Rogers, a former Mississippi State player who has worked for a Chicago-based agent, of asking for anywhere from $100,000 to $180,000 for his son to sign a letter of intent with Mississippi State. According to an NCAA spokeswoman, "the solicitation of cash or benefits by a prospective student-athlete or another individual on his or her behalf is not allowed under NCAA rules."

Friday, Mississippi State athletic director Scott Stricklin acknowledged in a statement that the school "was approached with an offer to provide an extra benefit" and that the school refused.

Not that I have anything against Cam, I love the guy. I'm just saying you can't ignore the allegations.

By looking at the veterans to choose from, and considering CLausen and Pike are on the roster, Does Cam give us the best chance to win week 1? That is what Rivera and co are deciding. My guess is: Yes, but the risk is high.

If he knows the playbook, which has been reported, then I would say yes. I don't see how JC would really have any advantage over Cam at this point.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5813734

Not that I have anything against Cam, I love the guy. I'm just saying you can't ignore the allegations.

Allegations are not necessarily facts.There is only Roger's word that Newton Sr. asked Rogers to find a booster to donate $180,000 for Cam's signature. Newton Sr. has admitted to being involved in a money discussion but it's only Roger's word that Newton approached him and not the other way around.

And we know Kenny Rogers is a paragon of truth. Uh no! Rogers is a known liar who was being investigated by the NFLPA long before the Newton situation.

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/msu/2010/11/05/rogers-cited-as-recruiter-in-nflpa-case/

"The NFLPA issued a complaint today against an agent tied to Kenny Rogers, who is cited as a “recruiter” responsible in part for violating “numerous” provisions of the organization’s agent regulations."

"Rogers is described by the NFLPA as a “recruiter” for Greengross and is alleged to have misrepresented himself as an NFLPA employee to prospective player-clients in the NFL."

But I just don't understand why people can't move on from this.

Allegations are not necessarily facts.There is only Roger's word that Newton Sr. asked Rogers to find a booster to donate $180,000 for Cam's signature. Newton Sr. has admitted to being involved in a money discussion but it's only Roger's word that Newton approached him and not the other way around.

And we know Kenny Rogers is a paragon of truth. Uh no! Rogers is a known liar who was being investigated by the NFLPA long before the Newton situation.

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/msu/2010/11/05/rogers-cited-as-recruiter-in-nflpa-case/

"The NFLPA issued a complaint today against an agent tied to Kenny Rogers, who is cited as a “recruiter” responsible in part for violating “numerous” provisions of the organization’s agent regulations."

"Rogers is described by the NFLPA as a “recruiter” for Greengross and is alleged to have misrepresented himself as an NFLPA employee to prospective player-clients in the NFL."

But I just don't understand why people can't move on from this.

"According to the facts of the case agreed upon by Auburn University and the NCAA enforcement staff," the NCAA said, Cecil Newton and Rogers, a former Mississippi State player, "worked together to actively market (Cam Newton) as a part of a pay-for-play scenario" at State.

But again, I don't care. ;)

Archived