• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No complaints from Cam Newton

Tarheels23

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6818807/carolina-panthers-cam-newton-happy-deal-rookie-scale

It really doesn't matter," Newton said. "Either way you look at it, I've still got more money than I've ever had."

And Newton knows that if he reaches his potential on the football field, he'll make up any financial disparity later.

"In this league, they set standards," Newton said. "If you play the way they're predicting you to play, you're going to be all right either way it goes.

lol, even our own players have a troll following.

Better get used to it and learn to love it.

Cam is the most IRRATIONALLY hated player I've ever observed in college football. (And, yes, I admit bias ahead of time since I am an Auburn alum.) And it has followed him to the NFL. Still, it was stunning to see EVERYTHING that he did construed in a negative light.

He smiles? He's being arrogant. He's being fake.

He high fives fans after winning football games? He's rubbing it in on the other team. He's being arrogant.

He's another Jamarcus Russell. He's a thug. He's lazy. He's stupid.

Looked at with an *unbiased* eyes, he has never exhibited ANY of these traits. But people well and truly believe that he is these things deep down in their hearts because they WANT to believe it. Somehow, it will make them feel better if Cam is an arrogant a$$hole and a failure.

Carolina has a gem on their hands. When he catches up to the speed of the NFL game, he's going to do very good even great things.

I'm so excited to see him play in Carolina this year, I can't wait.

...and if he did he was worth every cent, so what's your point?

Seriously...if they did pay him, they got more than their money's worth. Hell, "The Predator" came out and admitted that Auburn gave him a sack of money to play for them, and he sucked.

I was a pretty big doubter but he has done literally everything right this offseason since being drafted. If his progress is as great as many have said, he's going to be extremely fun to watch play. I'm excited to see the offense we've put around him, too.

Archived