• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone hoping we sign someone who will help us improve from last year?

TheRealDeal

But I thought the point of dumping all those people and clearing all that room was to set us up to improve in one year by being able to sign our own guys AND add big name talent around them.

If not, what was the point?

Who did we really dump? Hoover? Moose? oh I forgot about Harris.

The reason we have this room now is so that we can resign players under the new restructured CBA agreement. JR/Hurney have stated they are going the GB/PB route and developing through the draft and maintaining/keeping the core players.

Well we did get shockey...

A CB would be sweet, but we got the kid from UNC and drafted Hogan, so looks like we are building from that route.

DT, maybe, we signed the guy from KC, drafted 2 rookies that need developement, so another DT would be a wise decision.

We got the safety from the Rams...

What else are you looking for? We are looking pretty solid IMO, the only addition that would make sense to me is a top-tier CB, DT, or Safety, but they would want lots of cash...

Well we did get shockey...

A CB would be sweet, but we got the kid from UNC and drafted Hogan, so looks like we are building from that route.

DT, maybe, we signed the guy from KC, drafted 2 rookies that need developement, so another DT would be a wise decision.

We got the safety from the Rams...

What else are you looking for? We are looking pretty solid IMO, the only addition that would make sense to me is a top-tier CB, DT, or Safety, but they would want lots of cash...

I guess I just wanted real players not camp bodies and guys that won't be around in a few years.

The guy from the Rams didn't play football last year and isn't going to push either one of our safeties.

I want real competition, real positional competition, that's how you improve.

Hakeem Nicks is an average receiver and he beat Munnerlyn with an ugly stick repeatedly.

You hide CBs that aren't good on Special Teams and that's it.

He was a cute story, but he can't play at this level.

Makes you wonder how our secondary will do against the likes of Julio Jones twice a year.:(

Hakeem Nicks is an average receiver and he beat Munnerlyn with an ugly stick repeatedly.

You hide CBs that aren't good on Special Teams and that's it.

He was a cute story, but he can't play at this level.

Nicks is considerably better than average, he took turns running train on Munnerlyn and Marshall that game. Point made though, we cant afford Munnerlyn as our #2. It's only Wed, wait til Friday before wadding your panties.

Makes you wonder how our secondary will do against the likes of Julio Jones twice a year.:(

No worries, we have the deepest backfield in the NFL and it has to be for a reason....DeAngleo is gonna cover him.

There's still time. It's way too early to call FA this year for us a failure. We really need to address CB. To me, that is our greatest hole left. I think we also could use a WR and some line depth but I honestly think the Panthers believe they'll be fine at receiver this year.

We need a DT, Corner, Receiver (maybe 2), and while we're at it we might as well add a real TE and some safety help.

We also need a tackle and a guard

You don't reach and overspend on positions of needs this year. You do that if you are making a superbowl run. Doing that will only hurt you in the long run.

Archived