• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Hurney want Pep?

KBRed

i think everyone on the team, F/O, and 98% of fans want peppers to stay. but IMO i thnk keeping peppers may hurt us more than help us at this point. we have several needs right now ( ol depth, dt, cb, and de if pep leaves) and the cap space hes taking up is stoping us from filling any needs. plus if hes not motivated this year and he has another 2.5 sack season it would be a disaster with us paying him that much. as much as i would love peppers to stay i think it would be best if we traded him. i think pep is one of the best defensive players in the league. but one player alone cant make a team better. and it would be best for the team if he was gone.

I don't think there is a question if Hurney wants to keep Peppers. He does and for good reason. The question should be is there any way for Peppers to stay in Carolina long term. I really could care less if Peppers wanted to leave. If he changes his mind and decides to stay then great but that has to be long term. Just deciding to play for this season with the tag isn't going to work and at that point Hurney will have to make a decision on if keeping him for one season if worth it or if trading him is the better of the two options. If its true that Pep has said he is 50/50 on returning then I would think the team is continuing to work out a deal, as they should be doing.

I'd be happy to e-mail you a 3 piece dinner with dirty race, green beans, biscuit and a large iced tea.

Ha, we do have several in the area, just not in my city. I can get to one in 15 minutes... :lol:

By the way, how's the wife?...

Archived