• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Hurney want Pep?

KBRed

Marty Hurney has said since the end of the season that he wants to keep Peppers.

Do you think he really wants to keep Peppers or is there a possibility that he is saying this to use as leverage for a better trade to another team?

Either way, I think it's win/win for him and the organization.

yes, he wants to keep him.

he has been trying to seal the deal for a couple years, right? the idea for peppers to leave didn't come from him. he wants pep to stay around. i'm sure that JR is fully behind this as well.

the only one actually involved in the situation that wants peppers gone is him. no one is going to try and make it easy. why should they?

I think that you never want a franchise icon to leave the franchise.

Say what you want about Pep and his work ethic but you don't just want to get rid of a guy who can average 10-12 sacks a year, apparently without even trying. Especially if that guy is not a character risk.

I think Hurney most definitly wants to keep Pep if he can.

I think that you never want a franchise icon to leave the franchise.

Say what you want about Pep and his work ethic but you don't just want to get rid of a guy who can average 10-12 sacks a year, apparently without even trying. Especially if that guy is not a character risk.

I think Hurney most definitly wants to keep Pep if he can.

That explains why Marvin Harrison, Brian Dawkins, Fred Taylor and so many others it seems this season have moved on to new teams.

The correct answer is both. He would like to keep Peppers because of his ability on the field. But if someone is willing to name the right price; and Hurney believes it helps the football team overall. Then Hurney would be happy to see him leave.

That explains why Marvin Harrison, Brian Dawkins, Fred Taylor and so many others it seems this season have moved on to new teams.

I didn't think I would need to clarify but, ok.

You don't want to lose a franchise icon as long as you still think that player is a viable starter. Fred Taylor is what, 32. That's old for a RB. Marvin Harrison is turning 37 this year, thats old for any NFL player, plus he is starting to be an off field distraction. Dawkins is 35, that is also pretty old for a NFL player.

Peppers is 29, and still in his prime. Hurney does not WANT to get rid of him but I'm sure he is willing to if the price is right.

I'm just stirring the pot. I'm a little bored tonight.

Thats a good point, House. With Pepper's motivational issues and now (theoretically) locker room issues he brings to the table, I don't see much of a difference between him and those others. Dawkins is still a solid contributor.

I'm just stirring the pot. I'm a little bored tonight.

Thats a good point, House. With Pepper's motivational issues and now (theoretically) locker room issues he brings to the table, I don't see much of a difference between him and those others. Dawkins is still a solid contributor.

Lockerroom issues?

What motivational issues does he have? He just put up 14.5 sacks and what 5 FF's while being the sole threat on the DL.

He's not a high motor guy, but that doesn't qualify as motivational issues.

Archived