• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets sit down indian style and talk about jimmy clausen

malik

Well first, what do you think about The Hawaii game for example....

What I was getting at were the facts of how he played in college. He beat scrubs with Weiss putting an emphasis on screens, quick releases and Clausen throwing at routes at or directed toward the sideine......that is why what occurred last year should of been no surprise. He played just like he did in college.

Weiss will switch up his offense if he believes he can get a advantage. Hawii showed they are susceptible to those plays. However that game wasn't a representation of the rest of the season.

Weiss beat teams more then one way. The only plays he truly and consistneley put a emphasis on throughout Clausen's time, was vertical throws.

Weiss will switch up his offense if he believes he can get a advantage. Hawii showed they are susceptible to those plays. However that game wasn't a representation of the rest of the season.

Weiss beat teams more then one way. The only plays he truly and consistneley put a emphasis on throughout Clausen's time, was vertical throws.

Okay, so you agree his signature win was an example of what I have been claiming.....so now you are saying Weiss just had him play like that in one game bc it was Hawaii? I just want to make sure I understand your stance.......

You do realize even Clausen says his emphasis was getting it out quick....not going vertical. Zsure he went vertical but the emphasis Weiss put on him is why he found his success....and hd played last year with the same mentality. Go short. Take shots toward the sideline

Okay, so you agree his signature win was an example of what I have been claiming.....so now you are saying Weiss just had him play like that in one game bc it was Hawaii?

What does the fact that it was his "signature win" have to do with anything?

No, I said the offense didn't place heavy emphasis on dink and dunk plays. As evidenced by me referring to years, I was speaking towards the entireity of the season.

Hidden

Okay, so you agree his signature win was an example of what I have been claiming.....so now you are saying Weiss just had him play like that in one game bc it was Hawaii? I just want to make sure I understand your stance.......

You do realize even Clausen says his emphasis was getting it out quick....not going vertical. Zsure he went vertical but the emphasis Weiss put on him is why he found his success....and hd played last year with the same mentality. Go short. Take shots toward the sideline

Do you have a link where Clausen stated this?

What does the fact that it was his "signature win" have to do with anything?

No, I said the offense didn't place heavy emphasis on dink and dunk plays. As evidenced by me referring to years, I was speaking towards the entireity of the season.

he was only there 3 and was garbage his freshman year.

If you watched so much Notre Dame football how are you forgetting the crap Weiss and Clausen recieved that entire year about there game plans with Clausen going short so often? So are you referring to his senior season and must successful one? Bc there are a lot more games with Weiss and Clausen going tom the short game heavy....even more so than his big Hawaii win.

How about his entire senior year?

he was only there 3 and was garbage his freshman year.

If you watched so much Notre Dame football how are you forgetting the crap Weiss and Clausen recieved that entire year about there game plans with Clausen going short so often? So are you referring to his senior season and must successful one? Bc there are a lot more games with Weiss and Clausen going tom the short game heavy....even more so than his big Hawaii win.

How about his entire senior year....

Do you have links of people giving him crap for that? And a link in which Clausen said he had to get it out quick?

If you can prove that they relied more on short throws then the average team, over the course of a season I'd love to see it.

Way more analysis than is necessary to conclude that Clausen is hopeless. I honestly don't see how anyone could have watched him last year and think to themselves, "this guy has potential as an NFL backup", nevermind starter.

He showed absolutely no skill, physical ability, poise, drive, intelligence, improvement or anything else that might lead one to believe he will someday be a competent QB.

Archived