• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets sit down indian style and talk about jimmy clausen

malik

If Clausen can step up in the pocket more and stay composed, he'll be on the path to becoming a strong back-up QB which is nice for everybody. I'm sure he's learned at this point he needs to throw over offensive linemen...plus, no doubt he was overall humbled after whatever in the hell you would call last season. I could see him becoming a Gus Frerotte type dude at best...I don't know if that's a compliment though :)

sorry man, wins aren't always just a team stats in high school and college. Not when talking about NFL caliber QBs. NFL caliber QBs CAN and DO put teams on there back and win at a variety of levels. They may not do it every week but they do it. Jimmy never won a legit game in HS or college.....that means something. It isn't all about wins and losses....but the fact he has never done anything on any level matters a lot.

Name me one QB that turned out to be a legit NFL QB that never beat anyone but scrub competition?

I have watched plenty of Clausen at ND. The people I think who watched highlights are the ones who were surprised at how bad he was.....b/c he played the exact same way last year as he did at ND.

Clausen did put the team on his back in numerous games. The fact that he could't throw six touchdowns to win is not a negTive on him.

You judge how well he played in those games against tough competition not wether his team won or lost them.

Your asking for such a small sample. Clausen one of the very few exceptions of a Qb who despite his team record was viewed good enough

be drafted highly.

If you did watch him why did you Argue ad nauseum that he played in this dink and dunk offense and west coast for his college career. I'm still waiting for that link where Weiss admits it's west coast.

Jimmy had the most offensive weapons a QB could have in College. He was seriously overrated. Fox or Hurney didn't do much scouting on him and there was a reason Broncos and all the other teams skipped over him.

He had Floyd, Tate and Randolph. He had a inconsistent running game and a bad blocking offensive line.

I think this can be because he's been treated like the king of the world for a decade. He doesn't have the fire.

That's why he still has the potential to be a solid backup, but nothing more. Even though he was treated like royalty however last year without a doubt had to humble him a little bit.

I think this can be because he's been treated like the king of the world for a decade. He doesn't have the fire.

I agree, but with the way last year went I believe he came back to reality, seemed a broken man by the end of the season. Perhaps that will light some kinda fire...... even if that fires more like a citronella candle.

Really? what about the PM he sent me in January that was nearly impossible to decipher, something about meeting him at "ma hood in Durham" and using the N word profusely.

Quite ignorant.

lol @ this racist piece of crap. Please post the pm that I sent because I never sent you any pm, and the mods clearly saw the dispute in my favor and told you to stop. Now here you are back again following me in every thread. Why don't you hop off my nuts you loser.

I have never sent you a pm and I don't even live in Durham or been there.

Your stupidity and incredible lack of grammar and punctuation piss me off, but then again your probably online from some library in the hood.

Library in the hood? Huddle has been somewhat civil for a few weeks and now this stuff again.

Archived