• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN needs to stop being Court TV

PntherPryd

I have Mike & Mike and such on in the background at work and I am disgusted with the Plaxico Burress coverage. OK, it's a story. It's not OJ Simpson making a run for the border. It's a certified dumbass pulling a dumbass stunt. Why is this story lasting more than a day? Why is it monopolizing NFL coverage in a week where teams are fighting for their playoff lives?

All week long it's been hour after hour of pontificating about Plaxico or the legal shenanigans of the Diuretic Six. This is not why I'm a fan of football and not why I tune into ESPN.

It's been so bad that even the target audience of this East Coast bias blitzkrieg has to be getting tired of it. And now some dork espn reporter comes to the board and wants to do a fluff piece on fan rituals.

Just cover fuging football already!

:mad5:

:rant:

When it comes to high profile athletes having legal problems...

ESPN=Fox News with game highlights.

They've been like this for awhile and its sad that instead of devoting more coverage to the actual on the field stuff, they'd rather forcefeed you Pacman Jones & Plaxico Burress. I dont watch it like I used to.

Archived