• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are Supercars a Europen thing?

fitty76

Zonda, Gumpert, Ascari, Bugatti. Just starting watching Top Gear recently and just about every supercar is German, Italian, English, etc.

I'm not a car guy, but we don't seem to make cars like these. Is it because Ford, GM, and Chrysler have such a stranglehold on car building in this country?

Define supercar... the ZR1 has super car performance ... so does the Nissan GTR. They just don't necessarily have "supercar" pricing.

Well, the ZR-1 is nice but the Europeans are known for making cars that are exclusively supercars. As in, Lambo, Ferrari, etc. All they do is speed and luxury. Not only does Chevy make "regular" cars for poor ass people like me, but they have several versions of the Corvette. A lot of European supercars are all out from the get go. Of course that isn't the rule as you have Audi and other companies that make "regular" cars too.

Obviously I'm generalizing as you have the GT-R (as you said) among several other vehicles and manufacturers from other regions but it just seems Europe is known for their supercar manufacturers.

oh and...

ford-gt.jpg

Well that was the car that had me thinking about American supercars. Because I was watching Top Gear today and Clarkson was raving about the Ford GT. And then I was trying to think about other American cars like that.

Archived