• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So I'm offically a father now

fitty76

Baby was born on Wednesday. Everything went fine. I couldn't be happier to have a new baby boy.

But I have to ask a question to all the fathers out there. Being in the delivery room, was it a magical moment or did you just feel like you were in the way?

It was pretty awesome, my wife had some complications form her epidural, mainly that the right side of her body when completely numb but not the left side and they had to give her pitocin afterwards because the epidural was slowing the contractions and they were worried that the labor would stop completely.

So she was shaking involuntarily and just overall didn't feel good, so I holding a wrapped up towel by one end that she pulled from the other end during her contractions to give her something to help push with and it also allowed her to focus on my face and not the room.

She also had a narrow pubic bone so they had to cut her vagina at the bottom damn near to her arsehole, I almost lost it there.

my baby was too big for natural birth. i did like jsquared did. in case you are wondering, my girl was 9 lb 4 oz and 22". the wife was sad at first that she couldn't give birth naturally, but seeing our girl got rid of that with a quickness.

Congrats.

It was magical and disgusting at the same time.

Congrats and welcome to fatherhood!

Routine is the key to a happy home when it comes to babies... After the first two weeks I have had ZERO issues sleeping through the night

Fantastic news - bongrats to you and mama!

Both of the above :)

Congratulations man.!! I remember the day I was born and man it was gross

Yeah, that was another problem I had. I thought they were going to cover up my wife's private area. They didn't do that at all. I was trying to avert my eyes from that area the entire time. My wife even said she didn't need to see everything. They asked her for a mirror she said, "hell no!"

I was too busy being in awe to even think about the grossocity of the whole situation.. Both kids were c-section. My son would not have survived a natural birth -his umbilical cord had a knot in it. We didnt want to risk tearing something with my daughter, so teh wife got cut with her too... I do remember with my daughter that the nurses were ready to take her to the nursery without giving my wife a chance to hold her brand-newborn. Them broads are rough with a new baby...

Archived