• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking down the safeties: Carolina

Tarheels23

Deadskins always get voted into the pro bowl, the fact that Godfrey is a panther, and we were fuging terrible last year is impressive

Godfrey got votes b/c of a number on a stat sheet nothing more. Hall is an example of the same. Neither played like a Pro Bowler.

Wasn't it Godfrey that Peyton Hillis absolutely plowed?

I don't hold that against him.....I do hold the fact he can't make a tackle when tracking someone in open space. If Godfrey doesn't get there exactly when the ball does......he ain't stopping anyone.

so if a safety takes a bad angle on a wr its the dline fault for not getting to the qb.? if a safety allows a TE to get even with him because he doesnt turn his hips it's the dl fault? i got your logic....................:rolleyes:

proper angles and getting caught out of position has nothing to do with dl play. play your responsiblitiy and be were you supposed to be.

My logic?

I don't see very many bad angles being taken. Now I'm sure you watch everything 100 times, so you know best.

You can talk about the angles if you wish. Both our safeties play well. What I see as the problem more than anything, is the opposing qb almost always has a pocket to step up into when he throws. You can ignore the dline all you want to, but when the qb can just step up into the pocket, or side step Johnson, and then have more time to throw....well, doesn't matter how good the coverage is. Then take into consideration the Marshall was never as good as many fans made him out to be. All of our secondary guys had a down year, which, even without looking at film, that speaks of issues along the line. Then looking at the film, the issues of the line become glaring, yet you just want to ignore that, and say that our safeties suck. Yeah, you have no logic, so please, don't attempt to talk logic to me.

:rolleyes:

Why is Gamble's name get thrown in the mud now? He had some off field issues on and off over the last two years, he had to deal with Godfrey's freelancing, Marshall was on the opposite side, and CJ needs help getting pressure.

(Shaun!) Gamble is the best we have and could possible hope for at 1 for next coming season.

Why is Gamble's name get thrown in the mud now? He had some off field issues on and off over the last two years, he had to deal with Godfrey's freelancing, Marshall was on the opposite side, and CJ needs help getting pressure.

(Shaun!) Gamble is the best we have and could possible hope for at 1 for next coming season.

Please tell me you aren't serious. :rolleyes5:

Please tell me you aren't serious. :rolleyes5:

Gamble is the best we got.....granted, that ain't saying much and at this point there isn't even that big of a gap between Gamble/Capt. Gamble is lucky Capt is a midget.

Archived