• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking down the safeties: Carolina

Tarheels23

wrong

Um, no. Godfrey has been consistantly out of position in coverage since his rookie year. He made plays in certain aspects of the position....but that is a common theme that has never changed.

u guys are such debbie downers.............. no one is ever good enough, fast enough, or smart enough.

I'm convinced some of you here are only happy when you're miserable.

No, it is just dumb that people act like every player has to be argued as awesome. We went 2-14 last year....we need upgrades at more than just the QB and HC spot.

Godfrey on paper has all you want....he just can't play the position at a consistant level.

Claiming Godfrey hasn't had problems in coverage over his entire career makes as much since as saying Jimmy Clausen looked like Tom Brady last season.

that is a very retarded comparison.

DBs get beat from time to time. it happens.

that is a very retarded comparison.

DBs get beat from time to time. it happens.

they were two retarded points.

DBs get beat time to time. Godfrey has consistantly struggled in coverage since his rookie year. Godfrey is a good enough athlete if he was where he was suppose to be consistantly.....he would actually be pretty good.

Seems like his football IQ is low or something.

godfrey is a fine coverage guy and considering some of the hits he's made, i don't think he's all that afraid to do that. he earned that wrap early on but the last couple years he's gone a good ways in reversing that deserved stigma.

he's someone that we need to keep around, if not at safety, then his natural position...CB. he'd probably be better there anyway. hopefully rivera won't pull the same crap that fox did in trying to get people to switch positions.

godfrey is a fine coverage guy and considering some of the hits he's made, i don't think he's all that afraid to do that. he earned that wrap early on but the last couple years he's gone a good ways in reversing that deserved stigma.

he's someone that we need to keep around, if not at safety, then his natural position...CB. he'd probably be better there anyway. hopefully rivera won't pull the same crap that fox did in trying to get people to switch positions.

well I don't think he is afraid to hit.

I would be in favor of giving him a shot at CB just to see what he can do there. Kid has tons of physical talent. He never seems to have fit at S no matter how much Fox or select fans want it to happen.

dude wtf are u talking about? cb?

everyone point and laugh at CRA

lol, you just agreed w/ rayzor as the voice of reason....and he mentioned that as well. I guess you don't read what you reply to.

Pretty sure a large portion of the board has been curious what Godfrey could do at the position that got him noticed and drafted into the NFL. They have asked that question b/c he seems to again....struggle w/ the coverage assignment asked of him as a S.

Archived