• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking down the safeties: Carolina

Tarheels23

Can't disagree with that, both Martin and Godfrey have had moments of good and bad play. Hopefully they can improve, however the inconsistencies with Godfrey suggest to me he will not be retained after his rookie deal.

I agree. He seems to of been pretty fair and accurate w/ it. I agree on Godfrey, he is too inconsistant and Rivera will likely need to find a replacement soon.

I think Richard Marshall's bad play skewed the safeties for the worse a bit. Martin was playing well until that bogus fine that took half his salary. He played less aggresive following that incident.

Godfrey's inconsistencies are due to him having to babysit Richard Marshall.

lol. that was a good one.

Godfrey has consistantly been out of position every year with every CB that has taken the field on his side.

In our new zone blitz scheme, the safeties will be called on to blitz much more often - maybe this will be Godfrey's chance to shine?

he is still a liability against both the run and pass. Sure, he will make a highlight play mixed in with all his slop.....but the guy is a pretty bad S. Great athlete though.

Archived