• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CRUCIAL NFL Labor talks resume today... Link inside

TruCatzFan

Highly doubtful: but it could be a good sign. Maybe they agreed to everything today and just have to get the paperwork signed by the proper people... You know those guys are closed on the weekends right?

LMAO! The previous paragraph was a crock of poo

Got an updated link in today's progress... Here's an excerpt.

Owners and players are getting closer to reaching an agreement on the all-important revenue split, sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio. That's the good news, but there is bad news -- there's still a lot of work to be done on the new parameters of free agency, particularly whether teams will be allowed the right of first refusal on up to three of their free agents.

Such a scenario could affect some big names -- Joseph Addai, Antonio Cromartie, Santonio Holmes, DeAngelo Williams -- with big money at stake. According to one participant who was on a player conference call Thursday night with Smith, Smith told the players: "We are close, but we've got work to do and I'm not signing this until you guys are taken care of."

And here's the link:

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=6748753

Sounds pretty encouraging to be honest. More than likely the lawyers are having to perfect the verbiage that wasn't perfect prior to both sides showing up on Thursday and Friday. This should be the final copy of the new CBA minus maybe a few tweaks...

The FA thing with DeAngelo is very concerning to me.

Hopefully this will be our last boring weekend of the year... As far as not having any football news is concerned anyways. I'm thinking they get a deal done by Friday of next week.

Let's all hope so anyways

Archived