• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CRUCIAL NFL Labor talks resume today... Link inside

TruCatzFan

Per Mike and Mike this am and more specifically Sal Paol; Goodell, Smith, and player reps will be in meetings today. Again the words MOST CRITICAL days of lockout are today and tomorrow. The judge is scheduled to take a vacation on Saturday. I know that if this doesn't get worked out that ****** had better cancel his plans!

Both sides are commited to work through the weekend to get it done.

Cross your fingers and say a prayer.

Rayzor: it should be a GREAT day for twitter updates.

AlbertBreer Far as I can tell ... 5-on-5 again ... Owners: Kraft, Rooney, Jones, Mara, Hunt; Players/Ex-Players: Mawae, Foxworth, Morey, Saturday, Batch

Albert Breer about 11m ago via web

notice JR isn't there. might get some work done.

Article Breer wrote about why the talks are so important:

NEW YORK -- NFL owners and players arrived at a Manhattan law firm Thursday for a critical set of labor talks, with the possibility of cancelled preseason games becoming more real by the day.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and NFL Players Aassociation executive director DeMaurice Smith each came with five representatives of their constituency, as has been the case at many of these meetings.

Goodell was accompanied by New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, New York Giants owner John Mara, Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II and Kansas City Chiefs owner Clark Hunt, while Smith brought NFLPA president Kevin Mawae, former special-teams ace Sean Morey, Steelers quarterback Charlie Batch, Indianapolis Colts center Jeff Saturday and Baltimore Ravens cornerback Domonique Foxworth. U.S. Magistrate Judge Arthur Boylan also re-joined the talks, but he has a vacation scheduled to begin Saturday.

These discussions are only scheduled to go through Friday, but there's the possibility of extending them into the weekend -- which would be a first in the six weeks of this phase of negotiations. So, the issue of Boylan potentially leaving talks over the weekend exists, but two sources said it doesn't make the next two days more vital, citing preseason revenue as the primary motivator to quickly finish a settlement.

After paying tribute to Hall of Fame tight end John Mackey, a former NFLPA president who passed away Thursday, Smith was asked on his way into the building if he's hopeful about the labor talks.

"I feel good," Smith responded.

Rest: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820a672c/article/back-at-it-nfl-owners-players-come-together-for-crucial-talks

Sean Morey is a former player. In the thread about retired players bringing their own suit, I mentioned that I thought former players were involved in the negotiations. Looks to be the case, and as such I still think they'll have no legal ground on which to stand given the fact that they, and therefore their interests, have been represented in the negotiations.

this is interesting...

AdamSchefter The plaintiffs in the Brady vs. NFL case have been contacted about participating in a conference call tonight. More on ESPN today.

Adam Schefter about 7m ago via UberSocial for BlackBerry

AdamSchefter Keep in mind: Conference call tonight with Plaintiffs can be simply to update them on status; isn't automatically to approve any settlement.

Adam Schefter about 3m ago via UberSocial for BlackBerry

something to keep an eye on at any rate.

this is interesting...

something to keep an eye on at any rate.

I think we're getting pretty close to a deal. We could definitely see one by the close of business Monday, especially if both sides work during the weekend like they say they're going to.

I think we're getting pretty close to a deal. We could definitely see one by the close of business Monday, especially if both sides work during the weekend like they say they're going to.

The Mediator is going on vacation Saturday so, I don't they'll be any negotiations next week.

Archived