• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CRUCIAL NFL Labor talks resume today... Link inside

TruCatzFan

No lockout? Then why did JR prepare for one? Oh a just in case type thing, cool I guess, but what about the extra $....? CJ already talking about wanting to win, smitty cleaning out his lockout, brightest player dwill is great but not crucial to keep. Maybe these guys will get the wad out of their panties when they see the $ but the only positive in all this bullpoo is the fact we may have our next franchise QB who seems to be on the right track, but it has been quite a heavy pay off though, at least for the fans.

Seems backwards to me for lawyers to be working on "formalities" when the big stuff supposedly isn't resolved yet.

It sounds to me like an agreement on the big stuff has already been made, therefore the lawyers are drafting up the general terms and the small details of the agreement are what still have to be sorted out (specific numbers).

Seems backwards to me for lawyers to be working on "formalities" when the big stuff supposedly isn't resolved yet.

It sounds to me like an agreement on the big stuff has already been made, therefore the lawyers are drafting up the general terms and the small details of the agreement are what still have to be sorted out (specific numbers).

one of the things that breer said is both sides have essentially said every hour of face to face negotiations has 5 hours of work behind it.

look at it as macro-managing (owners/players/goodell/smith) and micro-managing (lawyers and those other guys who are meeting today). you are right, but it isn't necessarily backwards. like i said, it's pre-work that has to be done ahead of time and that has to be done afterwards to iron out the details of decisions.

every big issue has a lot of nuances and pesky little details and wordings that have to be dealt with. that's what is happening.

ConorTOrr NFL lockout: Lawyers working on paperwork to expedite process of reaching new labor deal http://bit.ly/jybYgM #jets

Conor Orr about 11m ago via twitterfeed

from linked article:
"The owners will not open the doors without a signed document in place," a person with knowledge of the talks told The Associated Press today. "So this paperwork is important to get done" today and Wednesday.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because a judge has directed that details of the court-ordered mediated negotiations not be disclosed.

The 1993 collective bargaining agreement was slowed by the volume of paperwork.

Rich_Tandler There is talk at Redskins Park that the NFL lockout will end on Sunday. http://bit.ly/lOZJsz
fwiw, from the linked article...
That’s this Sunday, July 10.

That is quicker than most believe the situation will be resolved. Given all of the legal procedures that must take place after the two sides in the labor dispute agree to terms perhaps that is an overly optimistic timetable. However, that is the date being discussed at Redskins Park.

interesting from jim trotter..

SI_JimTrotter i'm hearing the nflpa has renegotiated its contracts with outside counsel. hearing the term "flat fee" is included in the deal. #nfl

Jim Trotter about 35m ago via web

SI_JimTrotter outside counsel means nflpa attorneys, specifically kessler and quinn. can't accuse them of dragging out process for $ if getting a flat fee

Jim Trotter about 28m ago via web

SI_JimTrotter one last thing, i continue to hear it will take 10 days to write/recertify/ratify/etc once an agreement is reached. #GoodDay. #nfl

Jim Trotter about 10m ago via web

Archived