• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good Cam article

teeray

uh good article or did you mean extremely defensive/bias article that you thought illuminated your personal thoughts? :)

the good articles are usually objective IMO but this was a nice read.

I am tired of reading though I want proof and worries put to rest.

I thought it was a good read on Cam.

Him winning over teammates and working hard doesn't constitute bias. And bias within itself doesn't prove a falsehood.

But from what I can gather from this particular article is that he had an opinion before the draft and feels vindicated on that belief by what he has seen and heard from Cam's teammates since he was drafted by us.

That article wasn't about bias, it was about gloating. :)

But how many people questioned that?

I really only remember 1 person questioning that stuff. Everyone else questioned how well he'd transition to the NFL.

Was it a lot?

Mayock,Narwocki, McShay,etc. it seemed like just about everyone was taking shots at him about his work ethic, leadership, and dedication.

fwiw, i just ran across a couple of quotes in a free article on the Auburn Scout site from Chizik about all of this.....

"You couldn’t write a book dealing with Auburn’s 2010 season without talking about Cam Newton and the drama that surrounded him during the year. Chizik has never shied away from backing Newton and the way he and Auburn handled things in the recruiting process. The coach made it clear in his book nothing has changed with how he views the Heisman Trophy winning quarterback.

“I think me going to bat for Cameron Newton is something in my spirit and in my heart I feel very strongly about,” Chizik said. “Let’s be very mindful of this--he’s a very gifted person and not just as an athlete. He’s an amazing kid. He needs to be remembered at Auburn as a great individual as well as a great player. From the time he stepped on campus from the time he left the young man did everything we asked him to do and did it with a smile on his face and loved it.

"He did things beyond what we asked him to do because that’s who he is," Chizik noted. "I have a very strong allegiance to Cameron, not because he won 14 games for Auburn, but because of who is he and what he stood for while he was here.”

The guy is right on. He didn't need to play the game to prove some doubters wrong, because their arguments weren't based on fact, but on biased opinion. In being a guy out there throwing tires with the OLine, and running drills with the no names, he has already destroyed the "guy that doesn't love football" myth.

Even Mayock, my favorite NFL Analyst/Draft guy, said his only question was whether the guy loved football and would be the first guy in and the last guy out - did he love the game... He didn't say whether he did or not, but that was the big question. He's answered it thus far. And I think that only translates to success.

I wonder how Nawrocki or whatever his name was feels right about now. He should ask Jordan Gross and Jon Beason about that "fake smile."

uh good article or did you mean extremely defensive/bias article that you thought illuminated your personal thoughts? :)

the good articles are usually objective IMO but this was a nice read.

I am tired of reading though I want proof and worries put to rest.

As far as the issues in the article were concerned, we do have proof.

Sadly, until the lockout is over, we won't be able to see much more "proof" ourselves, especially the on-field stuff.

As far as the issues in the article were concerned, we do have proof.

Not necessarily.

He hasn't gotten paid yet and who knows what happens when that happens.

Also haven't seen what happens when things don't go great for him on the field and how he handles them off the field.

But we'll allow everyone to jump the gun with Cam because it's now become the norm.

********************Please don't read that as I think this or that will happen, just saying that if their concerns were about how much he'd love football once he got paid, they have not been proven wrong*********************************

Not necessarily.

He hasn't gotten paid yet and who knows what happens when that happens.

Also haven't seen what happens when things don't go great for him on the field and how he handles them off the field.

But we'll allow everyone to jump the gun with Cam because it's now become the norm.

********************Please don't read that as I think this or that will happen, just saying that if their concerns were about how much he'd love football once he got paid, they have not been proven wrong*********************************

Didn't he just sign two huge endorsement deals with Underarmour and someone else??

As far as how he handles adversity on the field you are correct :eek::eek::eek:

Only about his teamwork, work ethic, and desire to play football. Not whether he will be a hall of fame QB.

No need to defend him. He will prove it on the field just like he has done for years. I am looking forward to the season to see some folks eat crow. Folks who have doubted him will keep up the negative drumroll as they prove with every comment how little they know.

I don't know why anyone would question his work ethic. Just his ethics in general.

Yeah in terms of what worried me about him it was mostly what's in his noggin. If he can digest an NFL playbook and the maturity concerns with the usual rookies. Also his lower body mechanics.

Yeah in terms of what worried me about him it was mostly what's in his noggin. If he can digest an NFL playbook and the maturity concerns with the usual rookies. Also his lower body mechanics.

He has done everything possible to dispel those concerns and to the point has surpassed most folks expectations. If hard work and desire can cure those issues, then Cam will do it. Time will tell for sure but I am optimistic he will be fine for a rookie.

No need to defend him. He will prove it on the field just like he has done for years. I am looking forward to the season to see some folks eat crow. Folks who have doubted him will keep up the negative drumroll as they prove with every comment how little they know.

I'm not looking forward to it, I hate dealing with impatient fans. It's annoying. We don't even know if Jimmy is going to do well or not.

Archived