• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cheer me up

neverlosethefeeling

Just got my LSAT scores back and it's what I expected, but not what I hoped for.

Gonna re-take in October, but currently pretty down about myself.

Lets see whatcha got.

"Yeah well the world needs ditch diggers too"

I am not quite sure how you would "highly recommend" that i don't retake it on that basis alone?

Its not on the basis of a previous score alone. Its more about my view on the selection process from the school's perspective. Being the sole non-lawyer in a lawyer family, that is simply my perspective. You only take it twice if its extremely necessary and you have a specific school in mind. But I'd recommend figuring this out for yourself. Here's to cheering up ;)

And I'm saying this based off of my sis who got a 172 (or something in the low 170s) and actually wanted to take it again, but was advised not to. She ended up exactly where she wanted to go.

So if you really think it will benefit you, take it again.

Its not on the basis of a previous score alone. Its more about my view on the selection process from the school's perspective. Being the sole non-lawyer in a lawyer family, that is simply my perspective. You only take it twice if its extremely necessary and you have a specific school in mind. But I'd recommend figuring this out for yourself. Here's to cheering up ;)

I don't have a specific school in mind, I have a range of schools. And most law schools consider your highest score only, so I'm not at any sort of disadvantage if I re-sit for the exam. Unless of course, I do even worse the second time around which I find to be highly unlikely. My score on this exam was 4 points lower than what I scored on the first diagnostic exam I ever took before I even started studying for it.

Um, a 172 is something like 97th percentile....:confused:

Correction: I re-checked and was wrong...it was actually a 168. I think her dilemma was that it was just out of reach for some of the top schools. She said that if she would have taken it again, it most likely wouldn't matter with schools like Columbia & NYU.

Again, I don't know what range you were shooting for, gpa, or anything really haha but if retaking it will most likely result in a significant point increase, it sounds like you should do it. But again you know yourself the best and the current situation so I'm not trying to convince of anything, just giving my two cents.

Good luck and all the best. :cheers2:

Archived