• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton up for 4 ESPYs

From Pat Y. @ ESPN

I’ve heard from several Carolina fans who think the Panthers have become the butt of too many jokes following last year’s 2-14 season.

Well, the good news is things generally don’t stay the same way for long in the NFL. In fact, maybe the tide already is starting to turn and the Panthers might be headed for some positive attention.

I just took a look at the ballot for The ESPY awards and there’s basically only one NFC South representative on there (unless you want to count the Saints’ playoff loss to Seattle, which is on there for Best Upset, but the honor in that goes to the Seahawks).

It’s Carolina’s new quarterback, Cam Newton. He’s on the ballot repeatedly.

Rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/21914/cam-newton-up-for-four-espys

The link to the ballot is in article as well, so go vote for him.

Pretty cool for the kid. Seems like well-deserved recognition.

And it makes me want the season to be here sooner so we can see him in a Panthers uniform.

This coming from the guy who said "who cares what Clausen is doing"

Yep... Who cares!? What the fug Clausen is doing... I stand by it too... It doesn't matter what he does... He'll be behind Cam all year.

Maybe you should stop trolling me... Go find a new hobby... Let it include not following me around improperly quoting me. What a loser!

Yep... Who cares!? What the fug Clausen is doing... I stand by it too... It doesn't matter what he does... He'll be behind Cam all year.

Maybe you should stop trolling me... Go find a new hobby... Let it include not following me around improperly quoting me. What a loser!

Who cares what our backup QB is doing? Pretty much everyone except you considering he is an injury away from being a starter.

Explain to me how I improperly quoted you. And I'm the loser? Coming from a guy who takes swag and pi on an internet forum seriously, that doesn't mean much.

serious question, do you have a mental defect?

I'm voting auburn-bama as best game because I don't give two poos about college football, and I was flipping through the channels and i came across the game, the #1 team in the country (or 2 at the time, i don't remember, but they were undefeated) watching auburn getting their asses STOMPED by bama at the beginning of the 3rd. then came a newton TD pass. then another. Then nick fairley strapped the D on his back and beat teh crap out of macelroy and the o-line.

great, great game.

Just FYI the user interface for the ESPYs voting is jacked:

Cam is up for the following awards

Breakthrough Athlete: (against Jose Batista, Blake Griffin, Li Na, and Arian Foster)

Male College Athlete: (against Kemba Walker, Jimmer, Andy Miele, and Rob Pannell)

Best Game (AU v. Bama)

Best team (against Packers, Mavs, Bruins, Giants, Tex A&M women's bball)

I'm voting auburn-bama as best game because I don't give two poos about college football, and I was flipping through the channels and i came across the game, the #1 team in the country (or 2 at the time, i don't remember, but they were undefeated) watching auburn getting their asses STOMPED by bama at the beginning of the 3rd. then came a newton TD pass. then another. Then nick fairley strapped the D on his back and beat teh crap out of macelroy and the o-line..

Except Alabama had already lost to South Carolina and LSU at that point. But I guess I don't blame ya, since you don't care about CFB.

Archived