• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Less than two weeks till I'm married

TheRealDeal

TRD... First of all, Congrats bro! You're life is about to change a lot!

The second thing I'm about to say is gonna be really gay and semi-emotional so brace yourself... You need to buy 3 books... Maybe 4 the fourth will be the gayest purchase of them all... Here's your list and why:

1- Love and Respect... Basically teaches you both that women crave love and men crave respect... Teaches you how to deal with arguments and all that "girl" stuff we really dint like talking about. If u arm yourself with the tools in this book it will start you two off on the right foot.

2- Marriage Boundaries... This book will also set you up for success, it's been awhile since I've read this one but it definitely helped my marriage. It's about fighting fair mostly. Also sets up expectations that you have for one another. It will teach you more about the mind of a woman than you'll need to know, but while you're reading it... You'll be like.. Damn no wonder why she acts like that

3- Fireproof (it's a movie) the book associated with it is called the Love Dare...

Save this one for a rainy day bro... This U's the one that you'll want to do when things get rough... On the days that you feel like you made the wrng choice by marrying her and you're actually contemplating Divorce... The movie U's Christian based, so I just want you to know that up front. It's a low budget film, but it's awesome! The Live Dare is the book that you buy after seeing it or even before seeing it. It's a 30 day plan to save your marriage basically... Kind of like doing a good deed for her everyday regardless as to how she responds... Highly recommend it!

4- and the gayest of all... The 5 Love languages

This one is about how a man/woman likes to be loved.

Ie. Physical touch, words of affirmation, acts of kindness, gifts, and u forget the 5th one.

Anyways, it will help you two understand how to interact and show appreciation for one another. Example: I like physical touch and reassurance when I do something she appreciates. If she thought that she would reward me with a Panthers Jersey that would be cool.... But I'd much prefer her to tell me that she appreciated that I went out if my way for her and maybe later gave me a back rub<---- like I said it's kind if gay and not the normal thing guys will talk about on a lunch break...

So I'd get all those books and maybe get the audio versions to listen to in the car on commutes. I think u live on the West Coast, and if that's true... You're in traffic a lot... Just an idea.

As far as advice bro... There's so much to give...

Communication and trust are key! Without those two it's an uphill battle.

You guys will have your good days, bad days, and motherfuggin Horrible days... It's constant work but when it's good it's awesome and when it's bad you'll wish you were single. Honesty is good... A guilty conscience is the worst thing to have. If there's things about you she doesn't know up to this point.. Keep it that way. No sense in bringing up old shot that will do nothing but rock the boat...

When it comes to arguments... Choose your battles wisely... Let her win the little ones so when there's one that really matters you put your foot down and she knows that's law.

I'm 27 and been married for 5 years... I've been deployed countless times and this has worked for us. Just had a baby boy in Feb... It's an awesome feeling being a father. There's nothing like having your son on your lap when they draft the QB he'll grow up watching...(hopefully)

We'll always be here for you though... That's the good thing. No matter how much people bicker on here about dumb shyit, everytime someone has a real issue I see that time and time again people come through with legit advice. If you ever have any situation that you dint know how to handle pm me and we can exchange #'s... I'm pretty good with advice.

For now though... Stop reading this novel of a post, finish planning and enjoy the wedding, reception, and honeymoon bro! This will be a time that you will hopefully look back on 49 yrs from now and smile at her from accross the room when you think about it. Make it count and take lots of pictures! Our memories suck!!!! I still look at our honeymoon pics to this day and smile remembering what a happy time it was...

FYI... I'm calling NO HOMO on this entire post. Congrats TRD!

So all hell broke loose this weekend but there is a silver lining.

We had paid for more guests than are now going to be attending soooooooooooooo.....

All that money rolls over to the bar and what was an open bar for 2 hours is now an open bar for 6 hours!

Party time

wtf.. that money was supposed to ship us out to your reception..

Why do I feel like I'm the only one not in on a joke in this thread.

it's not a joke. they all really are gay.

hey TRD, who is the groom?

Apparently it's bleys. Huddle Romance FTW.

Don't listen to these jackasses. They're all jealous!

So exciting! I am super happy for you. You guys are going to have a blast!

Best of luck to you and bleys and I will see you at the reception ;)

Archived