• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Osi Umenyiora wants out of New York... Filing affidavit to leave Giants within month.

TruCatzFan

With that said, the dude is a BEAST and still young enough to have longevity if we pick him up... I think it'd be sweet to have him... I know our needs are DT and CB but he is a bonafide starter... Thoughts and comments... I figure this would generate enough of a response to get us through the next several days...

Edit: from what I gathered from the report on SC he wants a long term deal and New York only gave him two years. I think he'd look great in Carolina Blue!

With that said, the dude is a BEAST and still young enough to have longevity if we pick him up... I think it'd be sweet to have him... I know our needs are DT and CB but he is a bonafide starter... Thoughts and comments... I figure this would generate enough of a response to get us through the next several days...

Edit: from what I gathered from the report on SC he wants a long term deal and New York only gave him two years. I think he'd look great in Carolina Blue!

Yeah let's throw tons of money at a 29 year old DE with knee problems.

Chuck Smith and Eric Swann are available.

With that said, the dude is a BEAST and still young enough to have longevity if we pick him up...

Although he is talented, he isn't coming off of the greatest season and with his injury history, i think longevity is the last thing teams expect to get out of him.

Although he is talented, he isn't coming off of the greatest season and with his injury history, i think longevity is the last thing teams expect to get out of him.

:iagree: Maybe Osi needs a change of scenery, but with his injury history and attitude, I'd pass.

Considering we're about to lose Charles Johnson, I'd be willing to give Osi a chance.

I don't see us losing CJ unless he commands a ridiculous contract. The Panthers have said they're committed to resigning their core players i.e. Johnson, Kalil, and Williams.

On December 23, 2005, the Giants signed Umenyiora to a six-year contract extension for $41 million with $15 million guaranteed. He wants top 5 money so pass. He is good though Osi, CJ, Hardy, and Brown would be a mean set of DE's.

Tackles Fumbles

Year Team G GS Total Solo Sck Sfty FF FR

2003 NYG 13 1 20 13 1.0 0 1 0

2004 NYG 16 7 58 40 7.0 0 3 4

2005 NYG 16 16 70 48 14.5 0 4 2

2006 NYG 11 11 31 24 6.0 0 1 0

2007 NYG 16 16 52 40 13.0 0 5 2

2009 NYG 16 11 29 19 7.0 0 4 4

2010 NYG 16 16 48 33 11.5 0 10 1

Total 104 78 308 217 60 0 28 13

I took the time to fix the spacing in the graph and it shifted to the left anyways.

Archived