• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lucid Dreaming

neverlosethefeeling

Anybody ever had the ability to do it? A good friend of mine was telling me about it and how he developed the ability to do it.

From what I gathered, it's the ability to (sometimes) control your own dreams. Sounded pretty sweet to me and was just wondering if anyone else could do it/has heard of it.

To get to the point he was at, I think you have to have a lot more discipline and patience than I have. He said he kept a dream journal for a few months before he could really start to realize he was in a dream and tell himself what to do in that dream.

I've found that more times than not I am able to realize I am in a dream, but have no ability to control my actions or what actually occurs within the dream itself.

Would love to have been keeping a journal about my dreams, some of them would be great movie ideas and I would have submitted them to movie directors. I always remember them being so vivid and detailed, only to forget it all just hours after waking up.

Sometimes I can control them.....I have srs fd up dreams.

Or, if I wake up, Ill go back to sleep and go right back into the dream.

If you think about things a lot, they are more than likely going to be part of your dreams....at least thats the way it works with my brain.

If you think about things a lot, they are more than likely going to be part of your dreams....at least thats the way it works with my brain.

I seriously can't remember the last time I woke up and could recall a dream from the night before. I wish that weren't the case because this lucid dreaming thing sounds pretty cool.

I seriously can't remember the last time I woke up and could recall a dream from the night before. I wish that weren't the case because this lucid dreaming thing sounds pretty cool.

Yeah my brain seems to work differently from most people. As you are awake more, you forget more. That's why your friend is talking about dream journals.

They normally advise you write in the journal immediately when you awake from the dream, so in the middle of the night if necessary b.c you will forget it.

I also have triggers, like I will see something the next day and then remember that it was in my dream.

I'm that weird person that's texting you saying hey, you were in my dream last night!!

happened a few times in the last week and a half.. although this usually happens when I take something to help me go to sleep.

Archived