• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Today I Learned That Weed is Decriminalized in NC

fitty76

I have nothing negative to say about those who don't want to take a chance. all I care is that people understand it's hypocritical to think marijuana should be illegal, so when the day comes and their vote is required: they make the educated choice.

Pot head and it isn't even close.

I've seen alcoholism destroy lives in my family.

Pot heads just get annoying when they only want to talk about pot and that's usually when they aren't high. But they're great because they always have copious amounts of marijuan-er and will smoke you out for free without a second thought.

Pretty sure its anything over a

.5 oz- 1.5oz is a misdemeanor

Anything over a half oz is a felony

This belongs here

tumblr_lm0q1p0eGR1qaaowno1_500.jpg

You just said "half an ounce" to "one and a half ounces" is a misdemeanor (which it is - but that is pretty vague).

So how can anything over half an ounce be a felony?

We're talking simple possession here, no trafficking or intent to sell.

I'm pretty sure they can charge you with possession with intent to sell/distribute for any amount over a half oz. I think all that matters in terms of trafficking charges/personal consumption is the amount.

The kind of packaging plays a big part I'd imagine.

North Carolina enacted legislation

Chapter 90 section 94

§ 90‑94. Schedule VI controlled substances.

This schedule includes the controlled substances listed or to be listed by whatever official name, common or usual name, chemical name, or trade name designated. In determining that such substance comes within this schedule, the Commission shall find: no currently accepted medical use in the United States, or a relatively low potential for abuse in terms of risk to public health and potential to produce psychic or physiological dependence liability based upon present medical knowledge, or a need for further and continuing study to develop scientific evidence of its pharmacological effects.

The following controlled substances are included in this schedule:

(1) Marijuana.

(2) Tetrahydrocannabinols. (1971, c. 919, s. 1; 1973, c. 476, s. 128; c. 1358, s. 15; 1977, c. 667, s. 3; 1981, c. 51, s. 9; 1997‑456, s. 27.)

(4) Except as provided in subsections (h) and (i) of this section, any person who violates G.S. 90‑95(a)(3) with respect to:

A controlled substance classified in Schedule VI shall be guilty of a Class 3 misdemeanor, but any sentence of imprisonment imposed must be suspended and the judge may not require at the time of sentencing that the defendant serve a period of imprisonment as a special condition of probation. If the quantity of the controlled substance exceeds one‑half of an ounce (avoirdupois) of marijuana or one‑twentieth of an ounce (avoirdupois) of the extracted resin of marijuana, commonly known as hashish, the violation shall be punishable as a Class 1 misdemeanor. If the quantity of the controlled substance exceeds one and one‑half ounces (avoirdupois) of marijuana or three‑twentieths of an ounce (avoirdupois) of the extracted resin of marijuana, commonly known as hashish, or if the controlled substance consists of any quantity of synthetic tetrahydrocannabinols or tetrahydrocannabinols isolated from the resin of marijuana, the violation shall be punishable as a Class I felony.

So basically, if you have less than half an ounce, you get a suspended sentence. Between a half and one and a half, you can get a class 1 misdemeanor. More than that and its a class 1 felony. So just keep it under a half ounce and you are ok. And don't have any isolated synthetic tetrahydrocannabinols or tetrahydrocannabinols.

Archived