• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

UNBELIEVABLE news out of San Fran!!!!

TruCatzFan

I am a strong supporter of suicide and would like to see euthanasia legalized. It is the most basic human right and any law that prevents it is an attack on human rights. Suicide is usually harmless to others (assuming people don't try to get involved or the person committing suicide doesn't choose a stupid method). I'd rather have people committing suicide than stealing or committing violent acts against others.

You find that a lot of very decent people commit suicide. It's very common in the US military and great nations like Japan have exceptional suicide rates (Japan a country known for its courtesy these days). Then if you look back historically the likes of Virginia Woolf, Adolf Hitler, Kurt Cobain, Ian Curtis, etc have all committed suicide. All great people who knew their time was up.

It's a very respectable way to die. In Japan a lot of older people who lose their job commit suicide especially during tough economic times because of the shame they feel they have brought to their families.

I really do not like the attention seekers though and this guy appeared to be one. It's not that hard to kill yourself, especially in the USA. You can simply buy a shotgun. Basically a 100% success rate.

I am a strong supporter of suicide and would like to see euthanasia legalized. It is the most basic human right and any law that prevents it is an attack on human rights. Suicide is usually harmless to others (assuming people don't try to get involved or the person committing suicide doesn't choose a stupid method). I'd rather have people committing suicide than stealing or committing violent acts against others.

You find that a lot of very decent people commit suicide. It's very common in the US military and great nations like Japan have exceptional suicide rates (Japan a country known for its courtesy these days). Then if you look back historically the likes of Virginia Woolf, Adolf Hitler, Kurt Cobain, Ian Curtis, etc have all committed suicide. All great people who knew their time was up.

It's a very respectable way to die. In Japan a lot of older people who lose their job commit suicide especially during tough economic times because of the shame they feel they have brought to their families.

I really do not like the attention seekers though and this guy appeared to be one. It's not that hard to kill yourself, especially in the USA. You can simply buy a shotgun. Basically a 100% success rate.

Completely disagree... your examples of Japan and particularly our military are flawed. In Japan it is cultural... in the military it is mostly due to PTSD, depression, and other mental illnesses. If someone has a terminal disease or is in constant physical pain, then OK fine... but if a healthy adult wants to commit suicide for no other reason than just to die, it is a mental problem.

You have some weird ass ideas. Adolf Hitler was "great people"? Dude, gtfo. :mad:

Completely disagree... your examples of Japan and particularly our military are flawed. In Japan it is cultural... in the military it is mostly due to PTSD, depression, and other mental illnesses. If someone has a terminal disease or is in constant physical pain, then OK fine... but if a healthy adult wants to commit suicide for no other reason than just to die, it is a mental problem.

You have some weird ass ideas. Adolf Hitler was "great people"? Dude, gtfo. :mad:

wow. just now noticed he put Adolf Hitler down as good people. I tend to hope he was joking...and I'm prejudice so...?

I am a firefighter, a diver, and a boater.

If I don't have on a dry suit, and a line attaching me to the others on shore, there is no way in hell I go out there.

If it were someone trying to get help, and struggling, I would be a little more keen on going in, but even then you are putting yourself in a really bad position.

What if the guy had a knife in his pocket when you got to him? There are just too many unknowns to go running into the Bay.

Put this at Wrightsville Beach and you will see me in there, but not in a place like that.

Archived