• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

GSP v Diaz!

TheRealDeal

I haven't kept up with MMA much... I was thinking this was another Diaz, doesn't look like the dude I'm thinking of.

was hoping it was, that kid always finds a way to win..

edit: maybe that is him.. /I'm lame

I haven't kept up with MMA much... I was thinking this was another Diaz, doesn't look like the dude I'm thinking of.

was hoping it was, that kid always finds a way to win..

edit: maybe that is him.. /I'm lame

He's the only Diaz worth knowing in MMA, so it's probably him. He smokes a bunch of weed and does Ironman competitions, so you'll have to respect him for that.

He's a game fighter. Very well rounded but chooses to beat his opponents at their specialty. Instead of taking down a striker, he chooses to out strike them, instead of being technical with a brawler, he'll brawl. He's a very exciting fighter to watch but he's very anti-social so it makes it pretty difficult to like him.

I still think GSP will finish him but who knows.

How did Shields cheat? Seriously I haven't heard that one yet. I was just referring to it being a boring a fug fight. Maybe since Nick is aggressive he'll force GSP to have an entertaining fight for once instead of just screwing around and playing it safe.

There is/was some video/gifs going around of Shields blatantly punching with an open hand and scratching across GSP's face, scratching his eye so he couldn't see out of it.

Fighting the best guys in the world with 2 eyes is very difficult, doing it with one is nearly impossible. Just remember it takes two guys to make a fight exciting. Shields didn't engage much because GSP was peppering him when he tried.

I do expect the next fight to be more entertaining because Diaz will push the pace no matter what. GSP should be able to take him down at will but Diaz will at least be active off his back. GSP gets better every time and I expect with Nick's pace, he's going to get finished rather than sit back and lose a decision.

GSP would have to move up, not Anderson.

GSP fights at 170, Anderson 185.

GSP wants at least a year off to move up in weight classes to put on muscle and by then Anderson will be close to retirement and the novelty will have worn off.

Anderson should move to 205 and fight some of the guys there

Yea, you're right, I always get welter and middleweight confused. If I am not mistaken, I think that anderson has fought at a different class before, was it middleweight? IIRC, GSP has'nt ever faced anyone that has a serious shot to knock him out. his jaw has never really been tested (except for matt serra, who knocked him out). And the only time that Silva has almost lost recently was to a good wrestler, and i think that GSP is a much better wrestler that Cheal Sonnen is.

Anyway, i think that is is a fight that could happen, but probably niether one of them wants to sign up for it for fear of losing. Dana White should throw a ton of money at them and make it happen. it would probably be the biggest pay-per-view ever, and if silva really is going to retire soon, he should consider the money.

Yeah Silva has mentioned a couple times that he wants to retire at a specific age (number slips my mind now) and GSP said that if he were to move up it would be a permanent move up and he'd need about a year off to pack on the weight.

Silva has fought at LHW knocking out James Irvin and Forrest Griffin but I think he's always been a middleweight otherwise (185).

Koshcheck was supposed to give GSP a challenge on the feat thanks to his defensive wrestling skills but GSP just jabbed his face apart and 6 months later Kosh still doesn't have a fight lined up, that's how fuged up he was.

The other "knockout artist" that GSP faced recently is Dan Hardy from England but GSP just took him down and tried to rip his arm off.

Diaz is probably the most well rounded guy GSP has faced in a while and even if GSP takes him down, Diaz has good BJJ to make it interesting. GSP is more well rounded on the feet with kicks and all but Diaz has better hands.

It should make for a great fight. It seems as though all the guys that get in there with GSP freeze up but I don't think Diaz will. One fighter can only make a fight so exciting.

On the other hand, GSP and Anderson would be a classic stylistic matchup between two of the all time greats. Anderson would have the advantage because he is naturally bigger and faster than GSP but GSP improves every single fight and Chael exploited Anderson's wrestling a little.

I don't think we've seen anything close to Anderson's best because no one has challenged him recently (except Chael) but if you throw a huge fight at him like Forrest Griffin was, like Jon Jones would be, like GSP would be, you'd see the best Anderson Silva ever and that would be scary.

If they fought, I think Anderson KO's GSP @185

Archived