• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soon to be star: Jonathan Stewart

teeray

With Stewart's questionable health, and Goodson's fumble problems. I would definitely prefer to do everything possible to keep Deangelo Williams. The guy is just that good.

Yet Stewart plays every Sunday and DeAngelo doesn't.....

DeAngelo peaked. Stewart will has yet to.

He hasn't been healthy since he got here. It doesn't matter because he's a freaking tank. We need to keep Stew and Williams. They provide very different skill sets and together baring injury they give us hands down the best rushing attack in the league.

I thought this was hilarious:

DbucRusinik posted LeGarrette Blount thats all I have to say. He will have more yards and TD's next year then Stewart. The guy can never stay healthy. How is he going to be a star when he can last sixteen games?

MGH1989 posted If Stewart is still behind Deangelo Williams, he will. If Stewart is the starter, Stewart is clearly the more talented back and has proven it when given the oppurtunity. Also, how can he never stay healthy 16 games? He has played 16 games two of his first three seasons, missed 2 games last year and has played 46 of a possible 48 game in his career, so you are telling me a guy who has missed 2 games in his career is injury prone. LMAO.

Chaos0312 posted Hmmmm..... as a Saints fan I'd take 46 out of 48 games for ANY of our backs.

DbucRusnik posted trust me he will get hurt.

Lol. What a way to make a total fool of yourself on the internet.

Look here man, I know my facts don't add up, but I'm a Bucs fan, so you better trust me when I say one of our players will be better than one of yours.

lol. That cracked me up.

He hasn't been healthy since he got here. It doesn't matter because he's a freaking tank. We need to keep Stew and Williams. They provide very different skill sets and together baring injury they give us hands down the best rushing attack in the league.

Yup! Who is the biggest bust in NFL history when it comes to being a 'tank" and not staying healthy? Bo Jackson. Would have been the best ever (probably) but couldn't stay on the field.

We need DWill period

Stewart's big weakness is that he can't avoid defenders in the backfield. When the going gets tough he will not get tougher. It might sound idiotic to say such a powerful downhill runner like Stewart isn't tougher, but it's true. If the O-line is outmatched Williams can still make things happen. Stewart needs room to build up some steam.

I really think we should keep Williams, Williams doesn't even have to start. But he's the only back on the team who is the complete package. Unless you can fuse Goodson and Stewart together (who would be called Johnathike Goodwart in case you're curious).

Seriously....let's throw a bunch of money at a dude with 1 good season and 1 bad hip.

Rice would have probably been the best WR in the history of the SEC had he stayed his last two years. In Minny, the only time he ever got the ball was when Brett Favre was there (hence the one good year) or if Tavaris Jackson was actually healthy.

Stewart's big weakness is that he can't avoid defenders in the backfield. When the going gets tough he will not get tougher. It might sound idiotic to say such a powerful downhill runner like Stewart isn't tougher, but it's true. If the O-line is outmatched Williams can still make things happen. Stewart needs room to build up some steam.

I really think we should keep Williams, Williams doesn't even have to start. But he's the only back on the team who is the complete package. Unless you can fuse Goodson and Stewart together (who would be called Johnathike Goodwart in case you're curious).

yeah, can't really buy that.. some of his biggest stiff arms came in the backfield.

and DWill isn't unstoppable, if the OLine is breaking down and a defender is on DWill, he is more likely to go down than Stewart.

Stewart doesn't avoid defenders so much as he continues to run after contact. In fact he is one of the top 3 backs when you consider yards after first contact.

Williams is more elusive but goes down easier once he is hit. Stewart rarely goes down with first contact. As such they compliment each other. But Stewart is definitely the more physical downhill runner who is stronger than Williams. It isn't even close.

Archived