• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How early should I get to Charlotte Douglas Airport for a flight?

Cyclonus

I figured some of you might fly often. I am extremely afraid of flying and avoid it at all costs. But that is another discussion. I'm not sure how early I should arrive at the airport these days. I have a 9:00am flight Thursday morning. What time should I get there to make it through security, etc.

I fly all the time.

The above suggestions are right in line with what I would recommend.

A Thursday morning should not be too bad.

Several questions that also would dictate how early I went....

Are you checking bags? If not, I would recommend checking in online. You would then only need to worry about security lines.

Is your flight domestic? If yes, you will be fine.

I would not be later than 7AM.....I have seen the morning security lines be over an hour long before....although they are typically about 20 minutes at the most.

Get there early.....don't feel stressed....grab some food and a newspaper once you are through security. Rather kick back and relax for a while, rather than be stressed and worried.

I fly all the time.

The above suggestions are right in line with what I would recommend.

A Thursday morning should not be too bad.

Several questions that also would dictate how early I went....

Are you checking bags? If not, I would recommend checking in online. You would then only need to worry about security lines.

Is your flight domestic? If yes, you will be fine.

I would not be later than 7AM.....I have seen the morning security lines be over an hour long before....although they are typically about 20 minutes at the most.

Get there early.....don't feel stressed....grab some food and a newspaper once you are through security. Rather kick back and relax for a while, rather than be stressed and worried.

Cinnabon.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You should definitely log on now and check-in online. Go ahead and print your boarding pass....that will save you substantial time and headaches in the check-in line.

I didn't know I could do that. Thanks!

Archived