• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In this thread I compare the Panthers and Giants drafting, 2002-2009

Fiz

nice list, though i daresay it isn't overly objective. giants fans would have bones to pick with a number of assumptions. i think a comparison of this type would be especially useful against teams that are known to have the best front offices in the league... pittsburgh, new england, etc.

also is anyone else annoyed when someone signs up with a really long username that pushes the margins of the post sixty feet to the right? not naming names

i would give the 07 draft matchup a push. most of those picks had some level of involvement in the Giants' SB run

Also, technically Foster did place 2nd in receptions in 2005, but poo all you really needed to do to accomplish that in that year was catch 26 passes. No tough challenge for a RB, it's quite common in the league. Also we're talking about a guy who has more career regular season fumbles lost than career regular season rushing touchdowns. Not exactly the mark of a "great player"

also very interesting is the during this time the Panthers lost one of the closet superbowls ever, and if not for a miracle play by David Tyree the Giants wouldn't have won one of the closet superbowls ever.....I would contest that both teams have had their success in the last few years

Hakeem Nicks is a beast however, why oh why didn't we trade up for him

Nice list Fiz... I could see it going either way on just about every year..

Someone asked why the Giants. I posted last year before the draft that Carolina was second only to the NYG on the number of draft choices still in the league. I don't recall how far it went back and it didn't list the names only numbers.

During that time we had more picks than they did and were only 1 or 2 off.

Many have criticized our F.O. for doing a crappy job. And while they may not be the fan favorite of alot on this forum. I for one am glad they are doing it for us and not someone else.

Once again, Fiz... Good Job hard to argue with your list.

There's more to winning a Super Bowl than drafting...

Surely, but this thread was spawned from an argument about how Hurney has stacked up with other teams in the league. CRA's position is that if you take away the first round, he sucks in the proceeding rounds.

Not exactly true compared to the Giants. they're about on par.

As far as signing free agents and working contracts, Hurney is a wizard.

Archived