• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The fallacy that owners paid themselves bonuses to manipulate profit/loss

teeray

You mean Mayhem Miller, top 5 most awesome person alive?

Yeah, I love him too.

For those that dont know Mayhem Miller, I cant tell you how fitting that quote is.

edit: no disrespect to the OP for ignoring the point of the thread, I agree with that logic 100%, The owners are about growth not cashing in.

I'll respond in this thread--My previous discussion isn't a 'fallacy'...As a business owner--it makes sense. It's not 'cooking the books'. It's basic finance.

They want an additional 1 Billion--that's 32M per owner.

So by your numbers, lets assume they've paid an additional 20M in taxes--but he personally has netted an additional 30M. The NFL is a not for profit organization and is tax exempt--however, after revenues are collected and expenses are paid, all profit is passed through to individual teams that are NOT tax exempt so they pay taxes on this profit.

Funny thing is--even if they could keep the money from being taxed, their strategy would likely be the same although they wouldn't likely see as much benefit. Reason being is that 32M per owner is greater than the 20M per owner paid to taxes.

I enjoy this.

I'll respond in this thread--My previous discussion isn't a 'fallacy'...As a business owner--it makes sense. It's not 'cooking the books'. It's basic finance.

They want an additional 1 Billion--that's 32M per owner.

So by your numbers, lets assume they've paid an additional 20M in taxes--but he personally has netted an additional 30M. The NFL is a not for profit organization and is tax exempt--however, after revenues are collected and expenses are paid, all profit is passed through to individual teams that are NOT tax exempt so they pay taxes on this profit.

Funny thing is--even if they could keep the money from being taxed, their strategy would likely be the same although they wouldn't likely see as much benefit. Reason being is that 32M per owner is greater than the 20M per owner paid to taxes.

I enjoy this.

But what you are saying is not basic finance it is risk v. reward. And as accomplished businessman like most NFL owners are you would be very hard pressed for someone to come in and say "Eat 20M now and maybe you pick up 12M in profit on the other side." And anyone say "Sounds like a good idea let's do it."

What you are suggesting is that an owner would be willing to risk 20M in order to try to win 12M (32M - 20M tax loss). No sane person would do that unless there were assurances that it was a lock.

Those odds are too poor to be a good wager.

Even if we are talking a smaller amount of tax loss it seems unlikely that anyone would be willing to take a guaranteed loss in the millions just to flub their numbers for the NFLPA. Especially if they aren't even certain if they are going to come out ahead on the other side.

Just not buying it.

Oh yeah, and any white person with a huge gold chain and rings that go all the way across all his fingers is disqualified from being top 5 cool person. Sorry Mayhem.

He should learn how to box instead of that fake MMA bullsh*t. Maybe someone would take him seriously. :eek:

Oh yeah, and any white person with a huge gold chain and rings that go all the way across all his fingers is disqualified from being top 5 cool person. Sorry Mayhem.

He should learn how to box instead of that fake MMA bullsh*t. Maybe someone would take him seriously. :eek:

You really hate white people huh?

Yeah because everyone takes boxers real serious these days :smash:

You really hate white people huh?

Yeah because everyone takes boxers real serious these days :smash:

Just white people dressed like 1970's pimps.

Plus white people are terrible fighters. That's why they do MMA and roll around on a mat hugging each other for 3 rounds. It look like an elementary school fight.

If two MMA fighters got into a fight on the street people would watch for 10 seconds and then get bored and just walk away.

Just white people dressed like 1970's pimps.

Plus white people are terrible fighters. That's why they do MMA and roll around on a mat hugging each other for 3 rounds. It look like an elementary school fight.

If two MMA fighters got into a fight on the street people would watch for 10 seconds and then get bored and just walk away.

:boxing_smiley:

^ Actual footage from the last great boxing match on PPV.

Recap: Pitter patter pitter patter body shot someone lost a denture pitter patter pitter patter run away run away.

:boxing_smiley:

^ Actual footage from the last great boxing match on PPV.

Recap: Pitter patter pitter patter body shot someone lost a denture pitter patter pitter patter run away run away.

:lol:

MMA still sucks though.

Archived