• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When the Lockout Ends....

TruCatzFan

Then what!? We will all be foaming at the mouth and trying to beat one another at posting the latest and greatest rumors and breaking news!! I can't wait! Until then, here's another pooty thread for everybody to argue in.

At least I've self admittedly called my own thread pooty! None the less, watch it get at least 100 replies and the countless arguments will be priceless!

Let the games begin!

(TRD this is the perfect thread for you to rant in)

Rant about what???

If you go in 5 other threads proclaiming how good your post is in a different thread then post that same post in the other thread to get people to read it AND it's a serious post AND it's terrible, I will rant.

This is nothing worth ranting over.

To answer your question, when the lockout ends, I will be laughing at all the people with our new #1 pick's picture in their avatar...Andrew Luck! (God willing)

Rant about what???

If you go in 5 other threads proclaiming how good your post is in a different thread then post that same post in the other thread to get people to read it AND it's a serious post AND it's terrible, I will rant.

This is nothing worth ranting over.

To answer your question, when the lockout ends, I will be laughing at all the people with our new #1 pick's picture in their avatar...Andrew Luck! (God willing)

That isn't going to happen. First of all there will be a season and unless we are dead last again, we won't be picking first. Even if we get the pick, we will trade it away for a ton of picks next year. Newton is our guy and will be for the next decade. The sooner you accept it, the easier it will be to move on.

What will I be doing?? Going to games and rooting for the Panthers and Newton to win. I am stoked to see the new defense.

That isn't going to happen. First of all there will be a season and unless we are dead last again, we won't be picking first. Even if we get the pick, we will trade it away for a ton of picks next year. Newton is our guy and will be for the next decade. The sooner you accept it, the easier it will be to move on.

What will I be doing?? Going to games and rooting for the Panthers and Newton to win. I am stoked to see the new defense.

It's a little concerning that you would accept going 0-16(+-2), having the chance to draft the best prospect in football the last 13+ years, and want to pass on said prospect because you have a project you are busy playing with.

Blah blah blah progress and improvement. If there is a clear and immediate upgrade at the most important position, you take it and learn not to draft terrible projects with the #1 overall pick. If you pass on the best player this decade it shows a conscious decision to accept losing. Welcome to being the Raiders.

I love pooty threads. TRD, I understand your point of view, but do you at least hope Cam does well and we win every game? fug being a realist, the fun part of being a fan is being super stoked and hopeful at every turn.

I was stoked last year to see all the new guys play. It ended pretty quickly and it will this year too. I am stoked to see the new guys learn to play with one another and I will love to see new chemistry be built (like dwill and jstew a few years ago). I don't expect anything special just yet and watching young guys is full of disappointment as well, not everyone turns out as well as we hope at first , see AE.

It's a little concerning that you would accept going 0-16(+-2), having the chance to draft the best prospect in football the last 13+ years, and want to pass on said prospect because you have a project you are busy playing with.

Blah blah blah progress and improvement. If there is a clear and immediate upgrade at the most important position, you take it and learn not to draft terrible projects with the #1 overall pick. If you pass on the best player this decade it shows a conscious decision to accept losing. Welcome to being the Raiders.

Luck is a college football player who is at least a year away from being eligible for the NFL with no experience in the NFL. He is a prospect, nothing more. He has done nothing yet. Funny how you have beaten up Newton for months and talked about how college stats and accomplishments mean nothing at the pro level yet you are willing to crown Luck as the next Manning and instantly willing to see him as an upgrade. He might be great or he might be the next Ryan Leaf, who knows. But to assume that first we will get him, second that he would be better than Newton with a year of experience under his belt, and that we wouldn't be better off with Newton and trading Luck's rights for 2 or 3 first round picks versus another quarterback to train who we have to develop is a leap even for you.

Your judgement when it comes to Newton and the quarterback position is clearly colored by strong emotional feelings entirely divorced from reason and logic. So I won't be going back and forth about it. Most of the time your Newton posts resemble trolling remarks. Not that you intend them that way, simply you struggle to maintain even a modicum of objectivity when discussing Newton.

When the lockout does finally end it will be time for a huge celebration :cheers2:

Let's just hope it won't be the biggest celebration for the Panthers this year. :confused:

I don't think it will, I believe we're in for some real excitement on the field this year!......Don't you?

Archived