• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is me venting (somewhat long)

TheRealDeal

In the heat of the moment who knows what we would have done.

Talk is talk.

I doubt I'd have gone rushing in to save the girl on my own. Though I guess it depends on whether it looked like she was getting a beat down or not. Domestic argument - no. Robbery, possibly.

That said, I don't have TRD's fighting background; obviously he's confident in his ability to handle himself in any situation like that. Me? Not so much - I can take care of myself, but if the other guy has nothing to lose I'm probably fuged.

TRD I would say your dad has never done something like that before if he would be disappointed in you for not helping.

My dad told me about a time when he got off of work when he was in his early twenties and saw a man and a woman arguing by their car in the parking lot. He didn't pay it much attention and went to get in his car to leave but then saw the guy slap the girl to the ground. My dad ran over and started beating the guy before he could do anything else. The girl jumped up and started hitting and cursing out my dad and went to go call the cops on him for "attacking" her boyfriend. When he told me that story he just said "Just remember when you see some poo like that... It's not your problem. Call the cops or turn your cheek."

(obviously if the girl was being raped or murdered, the situation would change. But people are retarded, and it's hard to tell anyone's intentions or capabilities.)

I used to be a cop, and this happens way more than you might think. It's one of the reasons why domestic disputes were always the worst. You never knew what you were walking into, or if the person you were there to help would turn on you.

I used to be a cop, and this happens way more than you might think. It's one of the reasons why domestic disputes were always the worst. You never knew what you were walking into, or if the person you were there to help would turn on you.

yep, if that was a domestic dispute TRD should of kept on walking.......call the cops from your cell.

9 out of 10 times something like this can be dissolved w/o having to do a Snuka Smash across a car. I have been in similar situations where I have just made a guy take a walk without having to get into that kind of altercation.

I wasn't there so I don't know what happened but TRD needs to be real careful before going head first into a sticky situation like that.

Just be safe man.

I've seen my dad scrap at least 6 times for similar situations. Some dude was hammered drunk and called his best friend the N word at a high school basketball game and when he was asked to leave by nearly everyone he threw a KT like fit then swung on my dad, my dad knocked him down 15 flights of stairs then carried him out of the gym to a standing ovation.

Someone called my aunt a cotton headed ninny muggin at a football passing tournament? He had the man on his knees in the parking lot apologizing in front of 300+ people.

My dad is 6'5" 290lbs of solid muscle. He's the one that got me into fighting in the first place and he's the one who taught me respect and morals.

I promise you he would whoop my ass like only a father could.

This ain't the same world your dad grew up in.

Family first, everything else second.

Oh fug. I didn't know what cotton headed ninnyy muggin meant and I automatically assumed it was talking about black people. Then I googled it and urban dictionary told me this.

1) A moron, idiot, dumbass, and overall stupid.

Unintentional racism FTW

actually it's also the filter word for the word that you can't call women in pretty much any situation without looking trashy.

To the OP, you are lucky. I understand your motive and appreciate your wanting to stop him hitting her, but you're lucky the guy with the knife either didn't know how to use it or didn't want to kill you, because from that position he had any number of kill shots on you.

I assume an upscale resort would have some security nearby, I probably would've gone to get help first.

Archived