• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is me venting (somewhat long)

TheRealDeal

That interesting because I think that getting involved in a violent altercation is stooping down to their level. I believe if the woman's life was in danger or getting raped then its a different story. But, If you feel like putting your life in danger and the lifelong happiness of your fiance to stop some white trash couple from hitting each other then thats your thing.

I would make the argument that the right thing would be to get the cops involved, and not be a vigilante who, in my opinion, made a bad situation worse. Just think, before you got involved, it was a guy hitting a woman. After, it was 2 men almost getting killed, one with couple dozen stab wounds, and getting run over by a car. It could have very easily been, a one guy getting beat up then putting a bullet in a mans head.

What if you had a kid? Do you think you would have reacted differently?

I would rather have my father, who did not jump into a strangers fight. Than grow up without my dad, who wanted to stop a random guy for hitting a random girl. If you dont know these people, this woman could have told the man that she was going to kill his children, or that she had a gun and was going to shoot him.

I am not trying to berate you for you doing what you think was right, I am just saying this type of stuff can change peoples live and their family's lives for the worse when they get involved with random people. Dont get me wrong, hitting a woman is wrong in almost every single instance, but a child growing up without a dad, or a wife losing her husband, is much worse than a domestic abuse. I dont think you have children, but what if you did.

I know, I am gonna get flamed for this.

Someone please show me where he said it was a bf/gf situation and wasn't a woman getting robbed.

This thread has gone from one story to another....

Someone please show me where he said it was a bf/gf situation and wasn't a woman getting robbed.

I think I read that it seemed like it was a couple arguing, and her trying to leave.

A lot of my post is hypothetical, but it lies in the conflict between personal values and pragmatic reasoning.

I would have reacted differently only because I'm a horrible fighter. I have a child and would hope if my wife were getting raped and robbed someone would help her. That's why I advocate owning a gun. At least you can stop certain confrontations without force. I'm proud of you trd. You helped a woman in need out. *** the haters.

I can't figure out where they're getting it was a domestic dispute. The woman was getting robbed. I'd sure as hell hope someone would come help me if it was happening, instead of just standing on the sidelines watching like a pussy.

yes...revert to gun ownership!!!

Either TRD would be locked up forever...if he was the happy gun owner and decided to shoot someone because of this...or he'd be dead!

what the hell is wrong with you damn americans and solving everything with gun fire?

TRD...I'm happy you are ok and I'm glad you stepped in knowing what you know and seeing what you saw!

I would have reacted differently only because I'm a horrible fighter. I have a child and would hope if my wife were getting raped and robbed someone would help her. That's why I advocate owning a gun. At least you can stop certain confrontations without force. I'm proud of you trd. You helped a woman in need out. *** the haters.

Well, I own a gun, so I agree with you there.

I think part of the reason you guys are in such agreement is because the story had a happy ending. If TRD gets his head blown away, and then the girl gets shot too, then its not such a great thing.

I am not saying that you shouldn't help people, I am saying there are more effective ways to help then physically fighting or violence.

We have cops and stuff for a reason.

I can't figure out where they're getting it was a domestic dispute. The woman was getting robbed. I'd sure as hell hope someone would come help me if it was happening, instead of just standing on the sidelines watching like a pussy.

harsh. i'm not a pussy for not getting involved in other people's business. i'm smart. unlike people who find themselves in these situations. if it were a robbery whats the girl doing by herself in the dark without even so much as a can of mase? women can't depend on guys like TRD to be there. y'all gotta be on the look out.

They would have stopped when they saw the bomb vest Salty.

well...I'm pretty sure the ole story goes....you pull it, you better be prepared to use it...and yes..

twss

True but if you pulled a gun out on someone they usually step away. If he would keep going after you and if you would have shot him it would be in self defense.

I'm just saying. You damned Canadian.

Go back to your igloo.

Archived