• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Lottery tonight...

KBRed

I dont know why u guys dont think that its possible to trade up. Although we dont have that much talent to offer a team, we still do have 2 first round picks this year and a few expiring contracts. Diaw, 9 mil, 1 year left could help those teams out for a season before they let him walk. Also got Najera and livingston's expiring contracts as well. And if we trade up, in my opinion we need to draft something we have never had, a guy who could potentially be a dominant center in the NBA in Enes Kanter(Tore up the euro championships at 18, scored 34 and pulled down 13 boards in the hoops summit.) He will finally give us a big body that might be able to slow down some of the larger/more skilled centers in the nba.(He's already 6-11, 261, and that was when he was measured last july).

I dont know why u guys dont think that its possible to trade up. Although we dont have that much talent to offer a team, we still do have 2 first round picks this year and a few expiring contracts. Diaw, 9 mil, 1 year left could help those teams out for a season before they let him walk. Also got Najera and livingston's expiring contracts as well. And if we trade up, in my opinion we need to draft something we have never had, a guy who could potentially be a dominant center in the NBA in Enes Kanter(Tore up the euro championships at 18, scored 34 and pulled down 13 boards in the hoops summit.) He will finally give us a big body that might be able to slow down some of the larger/more skilled centers in the nba.(He's already 6-11, 261, and that was when he was measured last july).

I think people believe we could trade up a couple spots, just not to Williams or Irving. However, I don't know how much expiring contracts will be worth after the new CBA. There may be an amnesty provision that allows teams to drop dead weight on their own.

NBA lottery is so rigged.

yes it is, who didnt see Cleveland getting that pick. well anyways i want one of those 7'0 footer euro wing guys, and big man with athletic ability, and a shooter. not sold on Jimmer but if we could get him in the 2nd round, why not.

Because with the top of the draft always being much stronger than the middle and lower part of the draft, our two draft picks are not valuable at all.

Must of us simply do not get caught in the Video Game trades hype.... If we move up it's probably only for 1 or 2 spots... and the team we are trading with would have to not be sold on any player left on the board as a fit for their team.

yes it is, who didnt see Cleveland getting that pick. well anyways i want one of those 7'0 footer euro wing guys, and big man with athletic ability, and a shooter. not sold on Jimmer but if we could get him in the 2nd round, why not.

It's just becoming a huge joke. NBA just needs to contract all of the perennially bad teams instead of letting them sit in mediocrity year after year with no chance at that #1 pick.

NBA is the worst run league in sports, period.

Timberwolves GM basically just came out and said he knew they were gonna get shafted for the #1 pick and that Cleveland's "feel good" story would trump their chances even though they had the most lottery balls.

I'm glad he called Stern out on yet another lottery fix. Unfortunately for him he'll catch a big fine for that. Stern doesn't allow people to speak the truth.

2008: Top prospect Rose just happened to be a Chicago native. Unfortunately Chicago had what, a <1% chance to get the pick? They magically win the lotto and the Chicago native gets to play for a struggling big market team.

Then the Wizards win the lotto right after the Gilbert Arenas drama...

I just hate being a fan of a league as corrupt as the NBA.

Draftexpress says that after the top 2 picks, the talent level dropoff from the #3 to the #10 spot is so slight it is hardly worth mentioning. Says he has never seen this in the 8 years he has been studying the draft. Thus why give up something to move from #9 to say #5 if the talent level is about the same at either pick?

Archived