• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats Speaker at Lunch today...

KBRed

I went to a business luncheon today where Pete Guelli, Executive VP and Chief Sales and Marketing Officer for the Bobcats spoke about how he came to be with the Bobcats and some other things that I found interesting during the Q&A...

1) There was a 3pm trade deadline last year and Wallace was still a Bobcat at 2:45pm. GM of Portland calls with a deal on the table at 2:50pm. MJ hangs up and says no, that's not good enough. They call back sweetening the deal with another 1st and a player...so they make a deal right before the deadline.

2) The Chandler trade was to free up cap space for Carmelo, but it wasn't good enough.

3) They want to pursue 'a certain player from the old franchise'. Hence, the Hornets and CP3.

4) If the team name 'Hornets' became available, they would certainly take a strong look at it. But, as it stands the Hornets are still a part of NO.

This all most likely has been heard as rumors, but I found them interesting coming from inside the franchise.

Good info, would love to have the Hornets name back. I've been seeing old hornets gear all over the place lately... purple and teal is back!

saw a guy with what looked like a brand new hat on his rear dash driving up 77 this afternoon

i love the bobcats, but wouldn't be opposed to the purple and teal coming back either

Archived