• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kimi Räikkönen

Dilla

As you guys probably already know, 2007 F1 World Drivers' Champion and current WRC driver Kimi Räikkönen has entered into North Carolina Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. He's not in the Kyle Busch's #18 as previously thought, but in Billy Ballew and VAR's #15 truck.

I obviously don't think he'll be a real contender this race but I don't think he'll be terrible. I predict a top 20 run, likely on the lead lap, due to the lack of competitive trucks.

Shame that I can't watch it, Speed isn't on Suddenlink's Expanded Basic Cable package in Washington, NC. I'm gonna miss the All-Star Race, too:(

As a Formula 1 fan who's very familiar with Kimi, I don't see him becoming a mainstay in NASCAR (or anywhere). For years I have got the impression that Kimi doesn't know what he wants. I think he's a bit of a journeyman at heart. He gets bored quickly. And he always seemed to lack the motivation needed to become truly great. Which is the reason Ferrari paid him some $40 million to leave the team in 2009.

But I could be wrong. Maybe he will stick around the NASCAR scene. And if he does, I think he'll do well in the long run. But I just don't see Kimi staying motivated in NASCAR or any motorsport outside of rally racing.

Went to the race and was rather impressed by his driving. From what I hear, his truck was given him fits all night. Top 15 for the 15. Got a lot of trash talk from some guys next to me for being non American because I had a Finland shirt on. Ahhhhh....good ole NASCAR boys.

He's supposedly looking for a ride at next week's Nationwide race at Charlotte as well. Maybe Busch, if scheduled to run next week, will hop out his ride.

Edit: It figures that the CWTS race that was aired to a wider audience in Europe because of Kimi's debut had so many cautions for wrecks. Talk about catering to stereotypes.

I don't think NASCAR's FO is very happy with that particular point.

It'll be Joe Nemecheck's 87 car with Gibbs' power, apparently. So he'll be locked in if he to attempt the race. KBM and NEMCO will split the crew.

Can't wait, I'll actually be able to watch this one on TV.

Archived