• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Moore

TheRealDeal

Where you been Mav, haven't seen you lately.

But I agree, he could come back this year but know it's basically his audition for other teams or he could go somewhere else for a chance to make a career.

Or he could decide that he loves Charlotte and he's okay being a backup in the league, which isn't a bad gig.

It'll be interesting to see, to me at least. I'm also very interested to see what happens with Palmer.

Where you been Mav, haven't seen you lately.

But I agree, he could come back this year but know it's basically his audition for other teams or he could go somewhere else for a chance to make a career.

Or he could decide that he loves Charlotte and he's okay being a backup in the league, which isn't a bad gig.

It'll be interesting to see, to me at least. I'm also very interested to see what happens with Palmer.

I've had a hell of a last couple weeks between finals, grading finals of undergraduates, going to northern VA to look at a law school with my gf (looking good... may end up moving there in a few years, would be good to get out of the northeast). Went to 6 flags on Friday. Honestly though I just am a bit bored and just generally have little to say that isn't the same poo I've been saying for months.

I'll be back once the lockouts lifted, it's just hard for me to get excited about poo right now. Too much I don't know.

I wouldn't blame Moore for checking out another gig and I'd wish him well, but I don't think he should go to Denver. I know what Fox thinks and I believe Fox would give him a good shot but I honestly think Elway is going to push them to really get a big name QB at some point and I don't think Moore will last there either. But hey, you probably know more on that situation than I do :)

Moore's likely to have a few other options too once FA starts. Lots of teams still need QBs.

I've had a hell of a last couple weeks between finals, grading finals of undergraduates, going to northern VA to look at a law school with my gf (looking good... may end up moving there in a few years, would be good to get out of the northeast). Went to 6 flags on Friday. Honestly though I just am a bit bored and just generally have little to say that isn't the same poo I've been saying for months.

I'll be back once the lockouts lifted, it's just hard for me to get excited about poo right now. Too much I don't know.

I wouldn't blame Moore for checking out another gig and I'd wish him well, but I don't think he should go to Denver. I know what Fox thinks and I believe Fox would give him a good shot but I honestly think Elway is going to push them to really get a big name QB at some point and I don't think Moore will last there either. But hey, you probably know more on that situation than I do :)

Moore's likely to have a few other options too once FA starts. Lots of teams still need QBs.

Yeah, the Huddle is pretty boring for me because the draft is over and the lockout is still on, so that just leaves us to speculate about the same things over and over and over again. I check in every day to see if there's anything new, but not much beyond that..:(

The only thing Matt has going for him, is that he's proven that he CAN WIN. The Panthers did great when he was thrown in by Coach Fox, late in 2005.

Obviously, Matt sucked a** in 2006 (a concussion on day one didn't help either!), but so did the entire team! We were pathetic in every aspect. Putting all the blame on Matt though is just silly. Fox pretty much had his bags packed before the Giants game! haha The whole year was a mess!

Clausen, on the other hand, has shown ZERO signs of greatness. He came in for Matt during game one and showed no promise! Cam is also a huge question mark, as he was just drafted and has yet to throw a ball in any game, even a preseason game. I hope Cam is amazing because we certainly need help and I'm pulling for him, but only time will tell how he works out in Carolina!

The thing that both Clausen and Newton have going for themselves, is that they were drafted early (well, Cam especially) and the team obviously has more invested in either of them than Matt! Matt is just the odd man out.

I'm not saying Matt is any good because 2006 was dreadful to watch and he played a big part of it, but the team has invested too much in other players now, for him to really get a fair shot at this point. His real shot was last year and he blew it. With Newton in the mix and Clausen's time running out, the team doesn't have any patience for Matt.

I look for the Panthers to cut Matt soon and bring in a veteran to touter two very immature Qbs.

The only thing Matt has going for him, is that he's proven that he CAN WIN. The Panthers did great when he was thrown in by Coach Fox, late in 2005.

Obviously, Matt sucked a** in 2006 (a concussion on day one didn't help either!), but so did the entire team! We were pathetic in every aspect. Putting all the blame on Matt though is just silly. Fox pretty much had his bags packed before the Giants game! haha The whole year was a mess!

Clausen, on the other hand, has shown ZERO signs of greatness. He came in for Matt during game one and showed no promise! Cam is also a huge question mark, as he was just drafted and has yet to throw a ball in any game, even a preseason game. I hope Cam is amazing because we certainly need help and I'm pulling for him, but only time will tell how he works out in Carolina!

The thing that both Clausen and Newton have going for themselves, is that they were drafted early (well, Cam especially) and the team obviously has more invested in either of them than Matt! Matt is just the odd man out.

I'm not saying Matt is any good because 2006 was dreadful to watch and he played a big part of it, but the team has invested too much in other players now, for him to really get a fair shot at this point. His real shot was last year and he blew it. With Newton in the mix and Clausen's time running out, the team doesn't have any patience for Matt.

I look for the Panthers to cut Matt soon and bring in a veteran to touter two very immature Qbs.

:confused:

Archived