• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Auburn AD OK with Cam Newton statue

Tarheels23

I'm sorry, but isn't it a little bit too early for that?

if it's going to happen at Auburn, no reason not to do it now... not like anything he does in the NFL will matter there.

...unless you're like me and you expect that we haven't heard the less of that "pay for play" stuff.

won't impact him in the NFL at all but it could be a reason not to put up a statue of him at Auburn.

I'm sorry, but isn't it a little bit too early for that?

This is something Auburn decided to do for their Heisman winners before Cam even won the Heisman. I wouldn't be surprised if other schools with Heisman winners follow Florida and Auburns lead.

It is not so much about Cam in particular. Last spring a decision was made to erect statues of Auburn's past heisman trophy winners, Pat Sullivan and Bo Jackson. Ironically, Cam won the heisman this past year, so obviously he gets one too. Then AU decided to add a 4th statue (not exactly sure why, maybe to have two on each side) and I believe it will be of John Heisman (once coached at AU).

if it's going to happen at Auburn, no reason not to do it now... not like anything he does in the NFL will matter there.

...unless you're like me and you expect that we haven't heard the less of that "pay for play" stuff.

won't impact him in the NFL at all but it could be a reason not to put up a statue of him at Auburn.

I'm just saying how they're just giving Bo a Statue after 25 years, and now they give Cam one after just 1 year?

And yes, I know this was done for all Heisman winners, but what if Newton's gets revoked?

I'm just saying how they're just giving Bo a Statue after 25 years, and now they give Cam one after just 1 year?

And yes, I know this was done for all Heisman winners, but what if Newton's gets revoked?

then it will still be Alabama and that statue will be as safe as one of the ten commandments in the state court. oh wait...

Auburn's AD doesn't seem to be worried about that!

Archived