• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Better Panthers receiver: Smitty or Moose?

Fiz

also don't forget Moose has only been in trouble once, when he was found with weed and a gun in his car. No one even remembers that.

Smith almost killed two team mates and got busted for pills.

lol@ almost killed 2 teammates.

punching a teammate in the face>>>>>>>>plotting to kill your pregnant gf

Ricky Proehl did good things.

Mark Carrier had a few moments.

agreed. always loved Proehl and I am happy he will be back this year. Hopefully he can help out Gettis and develop him into the great receiver he seems like he could be.

Would Smith have become the receiver he was without Moose?

very good point. touche jim, touche.

Most athletic receiver- Smitty

Most willing to leave it on the field- Smitty

Makes those around him better- Moose

Mentor and teammate- Moose

Both have their upsides and downsides.

Very true. Moose does a lot for charity around Charlotte as well. He's a big philanthropist.

I really hope Gettis/LaFell can become as good as Smitty/Moose

I hope this too, but if LaFell can't get his hands around the ball, that might be a problem.

Smith and it's no where close.

I'd like to Smith the Panthers as the receiving leader.

I would love to see this too, but seeing as it hasn't happened yet and he wants out, I doubt it will come to fruition. He's had his chance and obv didn't care to take it.

Who is better at WHAT?

Smitty, in his prime, was/is one of the most dangerous, electrifying, CB-frightening WRs ever...IMO. Moose, again IMO, is one of the better blocking, posession WRs; however, you have to remember the year Smitty was out - Moose led the league in almost all WR categories. (Of course it was a 'Pay Day year). Together, they were one of - if not THE - best WR tandems this franchise has ever had.

Archived