• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CSR: Casting aspersions: The overly critical evaluation of Cam Newton

teeray

Another really good read. I am assuming that since Cam is now a Panther it is appropriate to post positive articles about him :prrr:

:cam:

http://www.derp/2011/5/3/2151486/casting-aspersions-the-over-critical-evaluation-of-cam-newton

Immediately following the draft I spoke with a beat writer covering an AFC team. I asked him what his opinion was of Cam Newton to try and get an opinion from outside our market, he said to me:

"James, let me put it this way. When Jimmy Clausen was drafted in 2010 he was passed on forty-seven times, when Brady Quinn was taken in 2007 twenty teams, many of whom needed quarterbacks didn't want him. If the Panthers passed on Cam Newton he wouldn't have made it out of the top five... that should tell you something"

My name is Cameron, and to know that our franchise QB's name is Cameron, that is enough for me. I'm satisfied, but I do think he's not black enough. I would at least like him 2 inches taller and with a 3.9 40 time. But other than that, I'm happy. And we all know KT is happy.

:sarcasm:

:cam::cam::cam::cam::cam::cam::cam::cam:

Archived