• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How good will Cam be this year?

TheRealDeal

Let's be reasonable. We are going to carry 3 QBs. One will be Newton.

Is Moore better than Clausen? Yes

Is Moore better than Pike? Yes

Is Moore better than the likely FA acquisitions? Yes

Why would you want our team to go into next season without the best players possible? Good backups in the league are valuable and Moore has proven that.

I just don't get why people want to let one of our best QBs go for no reason.

as a 3rd QB prospect on the roster, I think the coaching staff will keep whoever they feel has a higher ceiling..

I'm not ready to say Clausen can't be a decent QB yet.. I don't see how anyone could yet.

if we don't bring anyone in, I think Moore has a good chance to come back and start (for the same reason Clausen can't be truly be judged yet).

Let's be reasonable. We are going to carry 3 QBs. One will be Newton.

Is Moore better than Clausen? Yes

Is Moore better than Pike? Yes

Is Moore better than the likely FA acquisitions? Yes

Why would you want our team to go into next season without the best players possible? Good backups in the league are valuable and Moore has proven that.

I just don't get why people want to let one of our best QBs go for no reason.

I actually agree with this. Moore to me is our best option as it stands. But the real ? is, does he give us a better chance to win then Newton? As of right now I would say yes but who knows how fast newton will pick up the O. He could be ready by wk1 or it could be a year or 2 (or never). All we are doing is speculating.

Everyone should just forfeit to the Camrolina Camthers next season. If we are smart we will cut every player and let Cam go 1 on 11 all season. With the money we save, we can work on cloning Cam so we can have future Cam's forever! :Cam:

Cam4Life

Come on ya'll this part was kinda funny.

Repeat vote: Yes

I voted yes because therealdeal has clearly never seen Cam Newton play. I have been here less than a week and it is clear that he has the least amount of football IQ on this message board.

Clearly!

if we don't bring anyone in, I think Moore has a good chance to come back and start (for the same reason Clausen can't be truly be judged yet).

I think Moore is gone unless the FO convinces him he will be given a chance to compete here. I don't think that's the case and the writing is on the wall. I think he goes elsewhere unless he truly loves Charlotte as much as he says he does and is content being a number 2, which isn't a bad gig in the NFL.

Hidden

I actually agree with this. Moore to me is our best option as it stands. But the real ? is, does he give us a better chance to win then Newton? As of right now I would say yes but who knows how fast newton will pick up the O. He could be ready by wk1 or it could be a year or 2 (or never). All we are doing is speculating.

I don't think best chance to win is a relevant conversation for Cam this upcoming year. if we win 5 games this year instead of 4, we still lose. Let the kid sit the bench and let's figure if Moore or Clausen have a bigger ceiling if a vet IS brought in. If a vet is NOT brought in, let Clausen and Moore battle it out in camp..

Clearly!

I think Moore is gone unless the FO convinces him he will be given a chance to compete here. I don't think that's the case and the writing is on the wall. I think he goes elsewhere unless he truly loves Charlotte as much as he says he does and is content being a number 2, which isn't a bad gig in the NFL.

Rodney Peete looked his happiest when he was sitting over there on the sidelines with his headset on and a fatty in his lip. We used to speculate whether he even knew where his helmet was.

Archived