• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Newton get it?

TheRealDeal

Does he get the criticism is the question. They thought by his comments that he just didn't get it.

Seems to me like he's letting the critics get to him already.

I don't think there is a person on this planet (other than Helen Keller) who wouldn't be showing some signs of stress after being hounded the way Newton has been for over a year now. I know he's a pro now and that criticism comes with the territory, but damn, the media is waging an all-out war on Cam. I've never seen anything like it before done to a kid out of (or in) college. As a pro, we've seen it done to Barry Bonds in baseball, Mike Vick, T.O., Randy Moss, to a degree Tony Romo, and others.

I'm not saying give Cam a break until he actually gets on the field but how do you expect him to act? Answer everything with flying colors to appease each and every critic? Make no miscues at all in any area? It's laughable at how far and hard this criticism has gone...all over a damn kid.

I dont think he is missing the point.But he is trying to hard to explain that its not that simple as people think. It might be simple verbiage wise but its a little complex in what you do in the type of offense. It is kind of getting to him because people as in media are just stressing the fact of what he cant do. And the way they just talk about it they act like he is the dumbest guy in the world. I mean its hard for every rookie who comes in the NFL. But by him doing what he did in College that dont mean a hill of beans now its just that simple. There has been nobody that has been under more pressure then him. If we was in his position we would feel the sameway.

The only person on that panel that would know a simple offense from their own asshole is Golic and that debatable.

Bradford's offense was the spread, was it super complicated ?

Teebow's offese was the spread, was it super complicated ?

Tons and I mean TONS of college offenses are dumbed down. Because ITS fugING COLLEGE.

ESPN is becoming the MTV of sports, all fluff with little actual content.

They decided Auburns offense was drawn with fuging crayons and have run with that since the payoff rumors where killed.

Didn't Rapemoreburger run a spread ?

What did McNabb run at Cuse ?

Cam has the tools, if he puts in the work he will be fine.

understatement of the century, and has been true for a long time now.. If I didn't have the NFL network to get my NFL fix, I don't know what I would do..

I don't know how TWC people get by...

Reality is the speed of the game is the biggest part of the adjustment.

Personally, I believe understanding protection schemes and reading NFL defenses is the hardest thing for young QB's. That's probably the biggest reason that JC struggled last year.

BTW, there is a reason that even 10yr veterans still use wrist bands in the NFL. They simplify things so the QB don't have to think so much.

Damn, ESPN has shown that they aren't classy like they use to be. Its just ridiculous some of the BS they are talking about with Cam. I guess he's become a "DIVA" already with the media... lol.

It's pretty sad they don't have poo else to talk about, but it doesn't really bother me. Let's hope it will make Cam a better QB!

Archived