• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Newton get it?

TheRealDeal

They did a segment on NFL live last night about his appearance on Mike and Mike and Trey Wingo, Golic, and McShay all said that after him defending himself about the simple offense that he just didn't get it.

Do you think he's missing the point about his simple offense?

They also went on to talk about the transition he is going to need to make. Golic thinks he won't be able to run like in college and will need to be a pocket passer because he isn't very quick. McShay listed a whole bunch of thins he'll need to improve including ability to read defenses, his footwork, mechanics, etc.

Wingo ended it with something like "College highlights don't always translate into the NFL"

Thoughts?

Something besides they are haters?

The only person on that panel that would know a simple offense from their own asshole is Golic and that debatable.

Bradford's offense was the spread, was it super complicated ?

Teebow's offese was the spread, was it super complicated ?

Tons and I mean TONS of college offenses are dumbed down. Because ITS fuging COLLEGE.

ESPN is becoming the MTV of sports, all fluff with little actual content.

They decided Auburns offense was drawn with fuging crayons and have run with that since the payoff rumors where killed.

Didn't Rapemoreburger run a spread ?

What did McNabb run at Cuse ?

Cam has the tools, if he puts in the work he will be fine.

Why do they continue to harp on that one little piece of the interview? If you listen to the whole thing, it should be pretty clear to you that he gets it.

How in the world is it a bad thing that he's offended by these so called experts calling the Auburn offense simplistic anyway? Just because the play was 36, that doesn't mean he didn't have to read the safety and know where all of his receivers were. It's not like Cam was playing 7 on 7, while every other QB was playing 11 on 11.

I did notice yesterday, and I resisted making a new thread about it, how every espn show was slamming newton. Sportsnation said he'd be a bust no question (Beatle and Cowheard), PTI was super critical of cam the clausen number situation, and ATH's pannelist joked around like he has already sucked...

Seems like people want him to fail. I hope he uses it in his "mental chamber"

Does Newton get it..in my opinion not in its entirety, but most 21 year olds DON'T get it and wouldn't. Give him some time to mature and be around professionals in a good environment I think he will get it and be fine.

Mcshay is an complete a**hole, he said the only weapons we have on this team is TWO good RBs. He can eat a d*ck, and you need to accept the fact Newton is Panther. And he was obviously picked after MUCH research.

on a side note: You can kiss Moore's a** goodbye.

What is the point of the criticism? I'm not even sure I get it. The only ones who should be concerned about the offense Cam ran in college are Panthers employees, coaches, players, & fans. What is the point of the media criticism other than to get ratings/reads/views/etc.?

Cam is human. I imagine he's damn tired of hearing everyone question his intelligence - which is essentially what they're doing. I know I sure as hell am tired of hearing it. It's funny, but I never hear anyone actually break down Auburn's offense and explain why it's so simple and then compare it to an NFL offense and show why the transition is going to be so much tougher on Cam than it would be for any other QB - Blaine Gabbert for example - or than it was for Sam Bradford.

Archived