• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2012 Mock Drafts

JawnyBlaze

I like looking at the 2012 mock drafts mostly just to see where people are thinking Carolina will end up next year. This one had me literally laugh out loud:

11. Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State

Ht: 6-3 Wt: 245 lbs. | Class: Junior

Analysis: Jenkins had 13.5 sacks as a sophomore, and could be a top ten pick once he adds some bulk to his frame. Carolina could upgrade Charles Johnson at defensive end.

11 aint a bad spot to predict us....but..a 6'3 245 lbs guy is probably going to be a 3-4 OLB and besides even that, he would be an upgrade from Charles Johnson?! lol

I've seen some names and positions thrown around that make no sense. I've seen one with RB as our first choice in the top 10. If I see one more person type "they need to find Pepper's replacement still" I'm gonna kick something cute. However I think the overall consensus is that we target a WR in next years draft. Heck though that was the consensus this time last I think.

I've seen us drafting in the top 5 and taking Coples from Carolina. As much as I hate Carolina, that guy could be a specimen at 6'6'' 285. If he puts on 15 more pounds then wow...that's essentially Mario Williams walking around out there.

• 3 months later...

I say we will get a WR to replace Smith and help out Newton/Clausen. I could see us getting a DE but I think Brown and Hardy will have a great year and take away the need for a DE. Depending on how well our secondary does and how Brandon Hogan turns out we could end up getting a CB.

I say we get a Speedy WR to replace Smith heres the list of the top WRs I would get

Alshon Jeffery

Justin Blackmon

Ryan Broyles

Micheal Floyd

Jeff Fuller

Greg Childs

11 aint a bad spot to predict us....but..a 6'3 245 lbs guy is probably going to be a 3-4 OLB and besides even that, he would be an upgrade from Charles Johnson?! lol

Yeah drafting an hybrid DE/OLB usually are drafted by 3-4 teams. But often they seem to fail (ex: Gholston, Maybin). I guess the only hope for 4-3 teams is hoping they beef up and play DE. I will say I have a man crush on Brandon Lindsey out of Pitt. He is similar in that he is DE/OLB hybrid and realize there is a slim chance he is drafted by us.

Wow, that is pretty terrible.

I do see us picking in the top 10 again, maybe top 5.

I have no interest in DE unless there's another Peppers or Mario Williams sitting there.

We clearly need WR and CB. DT is a need but I want to give McClain and Fua some time to develop, DT's typically take 2-3 season to make an impact.

1st- WR

2nd- CB

4th- OL

If we are picking high again next year, I believe you have to pull the trigger on a WR to build around Cam. Steve Smith is 32 and hasn't played a full 16 game season since 2005 due to injuries/suspensions. No one has stepped up for the number 2 spot. The most promising prospect tore his ACL, which could hinder his future.

Archived