• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Traded a shot at Da'Quan Bowers for Armanti Edwards.....OUCH

Cyclonus

I must be the only one who thinks CB is a better bet in the 2nd than DT. I actually like our options in the 3rd at DT. Not so sure about the CB's. Man, if we DO trade up and end up with Brandon Harris I'm going to freak the fug out. Think he has Revis potential.

Did we bring Harris in for an interview or anything? I really like the idea of drafting Harris but with some of his off the field problems we might not want to take a risk on somebody we're not sure about.

Edit: I'm thinking of Jimmy Smith.

Agreed. I think the most telling fact is that the Bucs passed on him for Adrian Clayborn. I mean Clayborn is pretty good but the Bucs need SACKS and Clayborn isn't going to be getting them. He did pretty good two years ago, but dropped off significantly this year. He's the Jake Locker of DEs, and he's not even built well for the position in a 4-3. He'll be a good solid Tyler Brayton type player, but not an elite pass rushing DE.

Yep, that was the tell tale sign for me as well. Not for those exact reasons, but because of Clayborn's own health issues. I mean he's going to be limited to playing only as a RDE for his whole career, because of his condition and its effect on his range of motion with his right arm.

That for me = Bowers knee is worse then expected and he needs to have another surgery on it before he would be ready to go.

As usual, Charlotte fans only give a player one year to determine their fate. AE and Clausen could end up working out. Favre was terrible his first year. Good thing he didn't play in Charlotte because the Huddle would be calling for a trade.

Yep, that was the tell tale sign for me as well. Not for those exact reasons, but because of Clayborn's own health issues. I mean he's going to be limited to playing only as a RDE for his whole career, because of his condition and its effect on his range of motion with his right arm.

Yea, the Erb's Palsy point is a good one too.

AE is gonna bust out and be the best WR in the league this year... :leaving:

I know you're being sarcastic, but I believe AE will be a solid player for the Panthers, people giving up on him after one season is ridiculous.

He was playing for Fox, who hates to play younger players at all, I can't imagine a converted QB to WR rookie was someone that Fox would have played if he had the choice. I look for AE to develop a lot this year.

In regards to Bowers, he has a degenerative knee condition, meaning it's only going to get worse, it's NEVER going to get better, EVER. I wouldn't be surprised if he slips to the 5th.

I know you're being sarcastic, but I believe AE will be a solid player for the Panthers, people giving up on him after one season is ridiculous.

He was playing for Fox, who hates to play younger players at all, I can't imagine a converted QB to WR rookie was someone that Fox would have played if he had the choice. I look for AE to develop a lot this year.

In regards to Bowers, he has a degenerative knee condition, meaning it's only going to get worse, it's NEVER going to get better, EVER. I wouldn't be surprised if he slips to the 5th.

:lol:

Yeah, I was kinda half playing... he's certainly not gonna be the best WR in the league, but he deserves a shot and he's got talent that Fox and Co. completely ignored...

Archived