• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Traded a shot at Da'Quan Bowers for Armanti Edwards.....OUCH

Cyclonus

I know, I know......the Panthers had no way of knowing. But now that it has all played out. It stings just a little bit. Armanti might still be a player (giggle), but imagine getting Cam in round one and Bowers in round two. That would have been sick! :yikes:

His knee is really, really bad off. It's most likely degenerativefor one, second thing is most teams are passing on him for a reason... he must need the micro surgery on his knee....which is a real bummer for him.

If both of those are correct, which I assume is. (Other wise I can't explain a top 5 talent falling into at least the second round.) If that is indeed the case, I don't know that he's worth an early look in the second round and I'm getting the feeling he'll fall even further... More likely to the end of the second round.

I must be the only one who thinks CB is a better bet in the 2nd than DT. I actually like our options in the 3rd at DT. Not so sure about the CB's. Man, if we DO trade up and end up with Brandon Harris I'm going to freak the fug out. Think he has Revis potential.

SCP, I do agree with your point that a DT we could get in the 3rd would be better than a CB we could get in the 3rd, but speaking for myself I'd much rather have Austin or Paea than Harris for a few reasons, not the least of which is that DT is a much bigger need for us than CB. We need CB depth (at worst a #2 starter if Marshall leaves). We need a #1 starter at DT assuming Landri would make a really good #2 for us, in addition to depth beyond the starters.

I wouldn't want Bowers; his knee is obviously shot or every team in the league short of the Raiders wouldn't have passed on him while 12 other DL went in the 1st round.

Agreed. I think the most telling fact is that the Bucs passed on him for Adrian Clayborn. I mean Clayborn is pretty good but the Bucs need SACKS and Clayborn isn't going to be getting them. He did pretty good two years ago, but dropped off significantly this year. He's the Jake Locker of DEs, and he's not even built well for the position in a 4-3. He'll be a good solid Tyler Brayton type player, but not an elite pass rushing DE.

Archived