• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Garrard here to Carolina - You heard it heard first!

Tarheels23

if we could acquire him in some fashion, it would be in the best interest for Cam to sit and learn..

I don't foresee that being a possibility though.. if Jags are smart, they'll want him to play 2 more years so Gabbert can learn..

Why would Jax do that?

because in many people's mind there are no boundaries.. delusional.

actually, that's wrong. They just fail miserably to understand the football world. granted it's a very complex world, but some can't even catch onto a sliver of understanding.

a rookie QB is not meant to start right away. despite the few who actually have succeeded. I rarely understand how the exceptions create the rule.

I think McNabb would he knows he hasnt got long before he retires anyway

i dont see that, being a Panther and Redskins fan, i cant see McNabb wanting to go to Carolina, he wants to go to a team where he can win a ring ASAP.

Now, about Garrard, i dont see the Panthers getting him and i dont see the Jaguars trading him. they keep him and let Gabbert sit for a bit. Newton will likely start either on day one or shortly after and if he doesnt start on day one, Moore will start, Jimmy will be released or traded for a 6th/7th round pick.

Doubt it.

Doubt it very much.

Jacksonville loves the notion of sitting Blaine behind Garrard. Top that off with the fact that he'd cost too much and Rivera already said the plan is for him to start, I'd say there's no way.

Not that I wouldn't love it if we got him for a decent price.

C'mon, man.

You aren't finding a new team are you mav? The it doesn't apply to you. Sorry, I just came across another insulting post that TRD made towards me before he went all milk carton on us, lol... So, I'm still pissed at how stupid and extreme these posters were in opposition to the pick.

Yeah, I'm bitter.

Had the same thought when I saw the Gabbert pick.

Apparently a lot of us did.

Why would Jax do that?

There had been talk even before this draft that Jacksonville might be ready to move on from Garrard. Nobody knows for certain if that's true, mind you, but given the history and the fact that they traded up to get Gabbert, I'd at least look into it.

There had been talk even before this draft that Jacksonville might be ready to move on from Garrard. Nobody knows for certain if that's true, mind you, but given the history and the fact that they traded up to get Gabbert, I'd at least look into it.

I think there is a HUGE difference between moving on from Garrard and starting a rookie QB..

Archived