• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newton "not doing interviews" the day before the draft?

he wasn't even there as part of the nfl thing. He paid his own way. He went there to hang out out with the kids and didn't want to do interviews. The nfl even defended him on this. He didn't even have to go.

qft

What an attention *****. Shouldn't an entertainer and Icon would be all over the press and in front of a camera.

I guess he's going the lindsay lohan route and blowing off reporters. maybe someone will get a photo of him with his boob popped out and post it online.

It doesn’t matter one way or the other. Those who love him will defend him with their lives. Those who hate him will always find some fault with him. If he is the second coming the lovers will blab it to the moon. If he busts then the haters will fill the board with “I told you so” on every post. Nothing either side can say will change the other sides mind. It’s set in stone if we draft him or not.

LOL, Cam can't win when it comes to the media.

Exactly.

And who knows, maybe the Panthers recommended he maintain a low-profile pre draft.

I they want him, or want to use him as trade bait, the worst thing that could happen is for Newton to say something now like the entertainer/icon statement, even if well-intentioned.

Because, according to the Judge article on CBSSports, players like PP7, although he was on a late flight and arrived late to NY, still busted his butt to get to the site in time to be available to the media. And it’s not like Cam wasn’t or couldn’t be there. He was there long enough to play pick up ball with a few kids but left when the media arrived. This is not college anymore, it’s the pros. You are expected to do interviews even when you don’t want to. It just shows that he seems to do what he wants to do, not what he’s expected or asked to do. And isn’t that one of the bigger knocks on him. All things considered, I would rather have a player who listens and works hard than one who has a history of doing exactly what he wants. Doesn’t seem to bode well for coachability.
the horror of deciding that all he wants to do is hang out with kids in a park rather than talk to the media.

and not talking to the press means he isn't coachable? so the media is who he works/plays for? lol what a skewed and warped perception.

dude can't win if you are looking for reasons to hate the guy, you're going to find them.

the horror of deciding that all he wants to do is hang out with kids in a park rather than talk to the media.

and not talking to the press means he isn't coachable? so the media is who he works/plays for? lol what a skewed and warped perception.

dude can't win if you are looking for reasons to hate the guy, you're going to find them.

If you bothered to read the article referenced you would know that the playing with kids ended before the media sesson started. And I am hardly the first person or the hundreth who has commented over the past few months about his "I" or "me" first attitude. If we pick him I will support him as strongly as any Panther but that doesn't mean that I can't have doubts about him, no matter how good or great a player he might be or how big a bust he could be. No matter what anyone thinks it is a 50/50 shot, just as it is with any player. He will either make it or not. Only time will tell.

read it. people (esp. the media guys bummed out that they got dissed and are whining about it and who got you to believe that it is a big deal) are making a mountain out of something smaller than a molehill.

he didn't want to stick around and talk to the press. who cares? does it matter? was it his duty? was it his job? does he owe them anything?

silliness for anyone to think it matters unless you got butt hurt because you were one of the media clowns out there wanting to talk to him and he decided he would rather do other things.

read it. people (esp. the media guys bummed out that they got dissed and are whining about it and who got you to believe that it is a big deal) are making a mountain out of something smaller than a molehill.

he didn't want to stick around and talk to the press. who cares? does it matter? was it his duty? was it his job? does he owe them anything?

silliness for anyone to think it matters unless you got butt hurt because you were one of the media clowns out there wanting to talk to him and he decided he would rather do other things.

I am sorry. It’s obvious you’re right and I am wrong. I must have imagined any report I read in the last few months that questioned anything about Cam. While I have no doubt about his on the field raw talent I do have questions about his attitude and off the field conduct. I just thought it strange that he would leave given he is the favorite for the #1 pick. I can't remember a draft in the past 10 or more years that the supposed #1 pick didn't speak at media day. Even Mario Williams, even though he was long since signed, still spoke. I could understand easier if he was projected out of the top 10 or even top 5 but the best guess #1 was a suprise. Mountain out of a molehill I guess but the #1 pick usually sticks around. If we draft him I will support him as a loyal Panther fan and if we don’t I wish him nothing but the best and hope he has a great career.

Archived