• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would it take for you...

TheRealDeal

Probably the only thing that would stop me from being a fan is the panthers moving out of Carolina. That kind of betrayal would just crush me.

That would crush me as well...I've loved the game since I was a kid and just enjoyed watching it on tv but when Charlotte got a franchise I was hooked on the Panthers so much that I bought season tickets.

If the above happened then I would just be like most other football fans and just jump on the bandwagon of whoever is playing well.....the Panthers leaving Charlotte would be like a girlfriend/wife fuging around on you behind your back :rolleyes:

Home Team thing for me. If I lived elsewhere I'd still hold interest in the Panthers, but would ultimately end up losing complete interest over time.

I think you would be surprised. I have been out of the Carolinas for 10 years and am more of a fan now than ever before.

Not having access to the local talk radio, or the ability to share the excitement of local fans is something you would miss greatly.

I've been watching the nfl all my life.

Until the Panthers came along, there were teams I've always enjoyed watching, but never considered myself a true fan of any one team.

At the time of the expansion, I decided I wanted to be with a team since it's birth. While I've never lived in the carolinas, I have been in north carolina sight seeing, when my family was having a reunion in DC when my uncle hal (airforce, retired now) was stationed in DC.

I intentions of moving out to NC when I started heading east, started talking to my wife, came down to galveston to meet her, and never left.

It's interesting seeing the different point of views from local fans, and those who are not local. So many of you have no idea of growing up where there is no pro football around, except on tv.

I can't imagine not being a panther fan. I wear my panther pride as much as possible. I enjoy traveling to see the few games in person, that I get to see. Directv knows I'm a panther fan, they take very good care of me, and have even sent me panther remotes!

I can't imagine the panthers moving as long as it's owned by richardson. I hope the panthers never leave NC, even when they have a new owner.

I live in North Dakota. Had no real reason to pick the Panthers as my team(I was a Cowboy fan when I was 8-12 years old)..When they announced them as a franchise team from some odd reason I was immediately ready to be a fan for this team..I guess it was destiny. I didn't get to watch many of their games growing up, and only recently did I finally get direct ticket so I can enjoy every game(nfl gamescenter play by play tickers was the only way I managed for years)..It's been an up and down ride but I've been with it since the beginning.

My family lived in SC when the team was formed. I was a teenager deciding what interested me in life at the time and decided to get in on the ground floor. I've lived in countless states since then, and am now in South Dakota. (military brat, got used to moving around) Around here most everyone is a diehard Vikings fan. The only Panther fans I know are myself and my daughter.

The team moving would likely make me bitter, but I'm loyal to this team for my lifetime

panthers 4 life

I started liking them when I was five years old since I thought panthers were a cool animal... I don't have any Charlotte connection to them or player connection or anything, so...

You do know we are a football team, correct :D

I like the story and as far as I know, it is pretty close to the ones I hear from fellow fans in Cali.

Rep to you when I can....

I was attracted because of locale and have been loyal since, immediately dumping the Bills. I fell in love with them because they played hard, even in losses they played hard and with heart in every game. I love defense and loved watching Dom Capers zone blitz D.

My level of support financially has gone down over the last 4-5 years. I despised Delhomme as a player, heck of a guy I've heard, but as a player....well below average and it seemed like he played the worst when it mattered the most as time passed.

I will follow them, study them, cheer for them, and call myself a fan for as far as I can foresee and barring CBA bullsh-t I look forward to this transition.

Archived