• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would it take for you...

TheRealDeal

There is virtually nothing this franchise could do that would prevent me from being a fan short of organizing a terrorist attack on US soil. People who say they would not be a fan if we draft a certain player aren't really fans of the team. They are fans of what they think the team should be, and as soon as it strays from their own misguided principles they threaten to leave. In my opinion good riddance.

Even when I am frustrated with the FO, coaching staff, and some of the players on the team, in my eyes the Panthers are bigger than any of these people.

It doesn't mater who they draft because in 20 years they won't be a Panther but the Panthers will still exist (hopefully). If I hate our GM it doesn't matter bc in 20 years he/she will likely not be here. If I hate our coach, again, in 20 years they will be history.

The Panthers are a team I will always support no matter how frustrated they make me. If I love them when they are winning than I need to love them when they are struggling. I watched every game last year from beginning to end.

People have questioned my fandom on this board because I hope we draft Cam Newton and therefore post often in Cam threads. Your efforts are misguided. Instead of questioning people like me who want to draft Cam you should question the people who claim they will question their own loyalty to the Panthers over who we draft in a particular year.

The Panthers are bigger than Cam Newton and will survive whether he wears the black, silver and Panther blue next year or not. Get on board or get lost.

I think it would take them moving out of state AND for Charlotte/Carolina to get another team for me to jump completely off the wagon (I stuck with the Hornets although I hated George Shinn until the Bobcats came to town)...

But losing Smitty and/or DeAngelo would be a crushing blow to my fanhood.

I have been a life long Panther fan and the only thing

they could do that would really tick me off would be

to draft Newton #1. I think we have a proud tradition here

and to have a guy who steals,lies and cheats as the

"Face of our Franchise" would be an insult to we loyal fans.

Get Dareus or AJ or PP but not Newton.

where did this type of thinking come from? that we are the ones would decide if a young man can't change his ways or learned from his mistakes? that he is not worthy to be a panther? maybe this kind of mentality has caused us to take fewer risk,miss out on better talents.to keep us up standing citizens happy.

But anyways it would take a move to count me out as a panther. i don't see that happening but,If it did they could count me out. The only reason i suppose i am as drawn to this team is because they represent the home guys. They are a trademark of the city i live in and i can basically see the stadium from my house lol.:D

Ugh. Try being a padres fan. It's the hardest fandom in pro sports. Every time a player starts to show any potential, we trade them for minor league prospects. Wash rinse repeat. Good thing the only thing I like about the padres now is taking the coaster to the stadium and waking up from my blackout in the 7th inning, identify who we're losing to, and getting more booze for the coaster ride home.

I took the coaster down from Carlsbad/Encinitas on the 9th of this month to the Dodgers/Padres game to meet a Padre friend of mine there. It had like an hour and a half rain delay after Kemp doubled in the second inning so he just drank himself into oblivion and I drove us both home. The coaster was fun though, a lot of people boozing but no one was talking poo about me wearing a Dodger had and jacket.

I spent years with no favorite team. Just enjoyed watching the game, and still do.

It's arguably more enjoyable when I have no preference for the outcome :lol:

I spent a long time with just favorite players and no favorite team as well. It's sometimes nice to not stress out every Sunday and instead just enjoy the game and it's players.

I find myself in an interesting situation. I've been in Charlotte since 1993 but I'm moving to Brooklyn in August. Normally when you move to a new city you take your team with you. Sometimes you get hell for that from your new friends. They say you need to at LEAST also like the local team. We see that here all the time when people who live in Charlotte root only for the Cowboys or Steelers and claim they hate the Panthers.

So for me, I will support this team until the day I die as well as pick a local team up there to cheer for. I think the Jets, since they're in the AFC. I can easily not even do that and be the jerk who won't cheer for the local team though. As for the Panthers, it would take a lot to change what I just said about them even though I'm leaving my PSL behind. If they were at the bottom of the league for years and years and no sort of future looked bright, I may see what the Jets or Giants were selling me. But I don't ever see us hitting rock bottom and staying there.

Archived